The North Carolina Central Eagles (2-5) will try to put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they clash against the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (2-3) at Show Me Center. Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
North Carolina Central Eagles at Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Betting Preview
In the Eagles last contest, they were beaten by the Illinois Fighting Illini, 86-73. North Carolina Centrals Pablo Rivas had 11 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. Illinois forced the Eagles into a turnover percentage of 25.1 (above their season average of 20.6). North Carolina Central, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (23-31; 74.2 percent).
The Redhawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 88-82 loss to the Montana State Bobcats in their last matchup. Denzel Mahoney was Southeast Missouri States leading scorer with 27 points on 10-for-14 shooting. Montana State forced the Redhawks into a turnover percentage of 19.4 (above their season average of 15.9). Southeast Missouri State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0 (above their season average of 26.5).
The offense of Southeast Missouri State will battle against the elite defense of North Carolina Central. Since the 2016-17 season, the Redhawks rank 140th in offensive efficiency, while the Eagles are 19th in defensive efficiency. The Eagles should have the edge on that end of the court.
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Redhawks average 21.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 143rd in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 207th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- Southeast Missouri State is sixth in the NCAA with 4.6 steals allowed per game while North Carolina Central is 10th with 4.7 steals allowed per game.
- North Carolina Central ranks 41st in rebounds per game (38.5) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 311th (31.3).
- The Eagles rank 161st in blocks per game (3.2) while the Redhawks rank 272nd (2.1).
- North Carolina Central ranks 127th in assists per game (14.1) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 221st in assists allowed per game (14.0).