MEAC foes will collide when the Florida A&M Rattlers (4-22, 3-7 MEAC) meet the North Carolina Central Eagles (12-11, 6-3 MEAC) at Al Lawson Center. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
North Carolina Central Eagles at Florida A&M Rattlers ATS Preview
In the Eagles last game, they were beaten by the Hampton Pirates, 86-70. With 18 points on 5-for-15 shooting, Larry McKnight Jr. led North Carolina Central in scoring. Hampton had a turnover percentage of 9.0 (better than their season average of 15.9). North Carolina Central, meanwhile, held the Pirates to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.5 (below their season average of 30.1).
The Rattlers are trying to rebound after their 62-61 loss to the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks in their last matchup. Desmond Williams led Florida A&M in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Maryland Eastern Shore held the Rattlers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.7 (below their season average of 29.1). Florida A&M, on the other hand, held the Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.421 (below the 0.553 mark opponents have averaged against Florida A&M this season).
Contrasting styles will be on display in this meeting. Florida A&M has preferred a fast-paced style of play (94th in possessions per game), while North Carolina Central has been more half-court-oriented (219th in possessions per game).
Williams has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Florida A&M, averaging 23.6 points, 7.8 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Eagles won the lone game played against each other last season, 78-73. The Eagles dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.300 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8. For those same stats, the Rattlers were 0.175 and 23.8, respectively.
North Carolina Central Eagles at Florida A&M Rattlers Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Over
- The Rattlers rank 261st in three pointers attempted per game (18.3) while the Eagles rank 274th (17.6).
- North Carolina Central ranks 64th in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while Florida A&M ranks 276th (39.0).
- The Eagles rank 63rd in assists per game (15.3) while the Rattlers rank 243rd (11.4).
- North Carolina Central ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Florida A&M ranks 163rd (6.8).
- The Rattlers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 12.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (2.7 above their season average).