The Marshall Thundering Herd (2-2) will be at home in Henderson Center when they challenge the North Carolina Central Eagles (2-3). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Marshall Thundering Herd Free Preview
The Eagles were victorious over the Southern University Jaguars in their last matchup, 80-67. With 17 points and 10 rebounds, Raasean Davis played well for North Carolina Central. North Carolina Central dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.449 (above their season average of 0.125) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.496). For those same stats, Southern University was 0.283 and 0.491, respectively.
The last time the Thundering Herd played, they were topped by the Illinois Fighting Illini, 91-74. With 15 points and 11 rebounds, Ajdin Penava played well for Marshall. Illinois had a turnover percentage of 6.4 (better than their season average of 17.0). Marshall, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.286 vs. 0.208).
This showdown pits one of the NCAAs top offenses against one of its elite defensesSince the 2016-17 season, Marshall ranks 53rd in effective field goal percentage (0.537), while North Carolina Central is 11th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.451). Moreover, the Eagles, who rank 260th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.226), will battle against the Thundering Herd, who rank 51st in opponents FTA rate (0.205).
The Thundering Herd won the only contest against the Eagles last season, 81-69. Marshall had a much better free throw rate (0.288 vs. 0.121). North Carolina Central, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.8 vs. 29.7).
North Carolina Central Eagles at Marshall Thundering Herd Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Marshall, ATS Winner – Marshall, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 16th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Thundering Herd rank 141st (6.1).
- North Carolina Central ranks 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Marshall ranks 122nd (3.2).
- North Carolina Central averages 38.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 37th in the NCAA. Marshall ranks 318th in rebounds allowed per game (42.3).
- The Eagles rank 30th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Thundering Herd rank 271st (15.0).
- Marshall averages 27.6 three pointers per game, which ranks seventh in the NCAA. North Carolina Central ranks 191st in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).