The East Carolina Pirates (2-3) will be at home in Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum when they clash with the North Carolina A&T Aggies (4-1). Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
North Carolina A&T Aggies vs. East Carolina Pirates Free Preview
The last time the Aggies played, they dismantled the Mid-Atlantic Christian Mustangs, 115-76. Femi Olujobi was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 9-for-15 shooting. North Carolina A&T dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 25.3) and a free throw rate of 0.384 (above their season average of 0.255). Mid-Atlantic Christian put up marks of 7.9 and 0.156, respectively, for those same stats.
The Pirates are trying to rebound after their 61-47 loss to the Rutgers Scarlet Knights in their last matchup. With six points and 13 rebounds, East Carolinas Dimitri Spasojevic had a good game. Rutgers had a turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 12.1). East Carolina, meanwhile, held the Scarlet Knights to an effective field goal percentage of 0.363 (below their season average of 0.486).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. East Carolina ranks 308th in possessions per game (66.5) and North Carolina A&T is 281st (67.6) dating back to the 2016-17 season. Additionally, the Aggies rank 281st in offensive efficiency (100.7), while the Pirates rank 59th in defensive efficiency (98.3).
The Pirates won the sole game against the Aggies last season, 61-51. The Pirates dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.365 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9. For those same stats, the Aggies were 0.185 and 19.5, respectively.
North Carolina A&T Aggies at East Carolina Pirates Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – East Carolina, ATS Winner – East Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pirates rank 77th in rebounds per game (37.7) while the Aggies rank 176th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 258th in steals per game (5.1) while East Carolina ranks 262nd (5.0).
- East Carolina ranks 34th in blocks per game (4.8) while North Carolina A&T ranks 269th (2.1).
- The Pirates rank 100th in assists allowed per game (12.4) while the Aggies rank 294th (15.8).
- East Carolina ranks 136th in three pointers allowed per game (20.8) while North Carolina A&T ranks 284th (23.9).