The Southern Illinois Salukis (6-4) will be at home in SIU Arena when they go head-to-head with the North Carolina A&T Aggies (6-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
North Carolina A&T Aggies vs. Southern Illinois Salukis Free Preview
In the Aggies last contest, they fell to the Duquesne Dukes, 74-58. North Carolina A&T’s Femi Olujobi put together a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 13 points on 3-for-8 shooting. Duquesne had a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 12.9). North Carolina A&T, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (16-20; 80.0 percent).
The Salukis will look to keep it rolling after topping the Lamar Cardinals in their last matchup, 71-61. Southern Illinois rallied around Sean Lloyd, who was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 9-for-11 shooting. The Salukis had a better free throw rate (0.091 vs. 0.062) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.600 (above their season average of 0.509).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Southern Illinois should have a substantial edge. The Salukis defense ranks 36th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.451), while the North Carolina A&T offense is ranked 154th in effective field goal percentage (0.522). Moreover, the Aggies rank 33rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.305), while the Salukis rank 252nd in opponents FTA rate (0.263).
Armon Fletcher has really been playing well over the last five games for Southern Illinois, averaging 14.4 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
North Carolina A&T Aggies vs. Southern Illinois Salukis ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina A&T, ATS Winner – North Carolina A&T, O/U – Under
- The Aggies rank 75th in steals per game (7.0) while the Salukis rank 114th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Southern Illinois ranks 42nd in blocks per game (4.8) while North Carolina A&T ranks 194th (1.6).
- The Salukis rank 30th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Aggies rank 91st (12.8).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 91st in rebounds per game (37.5) while Southern Illinois ranks 149th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- The Salukis average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (14.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (4.7 below their season average).