The North Carolina A&T Aggies (15-10, 8-2 MEAC) look to snap the eight-game winning streak of Savannah State when they head to Tiger Arena to go head-to-head with the Tigers (12-13, 9-1 MEAC). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, February 12, 2018.
North Carolina A&T Aggies vs. Savannah State Tigers Free Preview
The Aggies fell to the South Carolina State Bulldogs in their last game, 90-85. Davaris McGowens put together a solid performance for North Carolina A&T, leading both teams in scoring with 26 points on 10-for-13 shooting. South Carolina State had a free throw rate of 0.523 (above their season average of 0.225). North Carolina A&T, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.1 (above their season average of 28.2).
In the Tigers last game, they topped the Morgan State Bears, 97-94. Savannah State received a boost from Alante Fenner, who was the games high scorer with 46 points on 12-for-24 shooting. The Tigers knocked down 28 of their 32 free throws (87.5 percent), while the Bears had a turnover percentage of 20.0 (above their season average of 16.5).
This game should be a matchup of contrasting tempos. Savannah State prefers to play up-tempo (first in possessions per game), while North Carolina A&T is slower-paced (115th in possessions per game). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Aggies. They rank 264th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.1 percent), while the Tigers force the 39th-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.0 percent).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Tigers won the only contest played against each other last season, 110-91. The Tigers played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.5 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0. For those same stats, the Aggies had marks of 17.5 and 20.9, respectively.
North Carolina A&T Aggies at Savannah State Tigers ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Savannah State, ATS Winner – Savannah State, O/U – Under
- The Aggies rank 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Tigers rank 156th (3.9).
- Savannah State ranks fifth in steals per game (9.6) while North Carolina A&T ranks 111th (6.5).
- Savannah State ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (40.6) while North Carolina A&T ranks 195th (20.8).
- The Aggies rank 82nd in assists per game (15.0) while the Tigers rank 272nd in assists allowed per game (20.4).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 130th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while Savannah State ranks 293rd (47.7).
- The Tigers have outscored opponents by an average of 9.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Savannah State has been defeated by an average of 8.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (2.2 above their season average).