The Duquesne Dukes (6-3) will be at home in A.J. Palumbo Center when they square off against the North Carolina A&T Aggies (6-4). Tip-off is set for 12:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
North Carolina A&T Aggies at Duquesne Dukes Odds Preview
In the Aggies last game, they defeated the Tennessee State Tigers, 64-54. Japhet Kadji was North Carolina A&T’s leading scorer with 16 points on 6-for-8 shooting. North Carolina A&T dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.277 (below their season average of 0.302) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (below their season average of 28.2). For those same stats, Tennessee State put up marks of 0.017 and 17.9, respectively.
The Dukes will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils in their last matchup, 73-49. Duquesne was lifted by Eric Williams Jr. who contributed 10 points, 13 rebounds and five assists. Duquesne played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 13.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.0 (below their season average of 36.7). Mississippi Valley State was 21.7 and 23.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Dukes rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (30.7 percent), while North Carolina A&T ranks 32nd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.2 percent) dating back to last season. This game should be a showdown of opposite tempos. The up-tempo Aggies rank 21st in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Dukes rank 314th.
North Carolina A&T Aggies at Duquesne Dukes Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Duquesne, ATS Winner – Duquesne, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Dukes rank 12th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while the Aggies rank 70th (5.8).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 55th in assists per game (12.2) while Duquesne ranks 92nd in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- Duquesne ranks 30th in blocks per game (4.2) while North Carolina A&T ranks 209th (2.0).
- The Dukes rank 37th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while the Aggies rank 158th (19.6).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 66th in rebounds per game (35.4) while Duquesne ranks 157th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).