The Robert Morris Colonials (1-3) and the Norfolk State Spartans (0-4) battle at Jack Stephens Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Norfolk State Spartans vs. Robert Morris Colonials Odds Preview
The Spartans were blown out by the Grand Canyon Antelopes in their last contest, 85-60. Norfolk State’s Mastadi Pitt put together a solid performance, finishing with 13 points and five rebounds. Grand Canyon’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Norfolk State. The Antelopes had a rate of 14.5 (better than their season average of 23.3), while the Spartans posted a mark of 22.3.
In the Colonials’ last game, they topped the Duquesne Dukes, 66-59. Robert Morris was lifted by Malik Petteway, who was the teams high scorer with 13 points on 5-for-11 shooting. The Colonials had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 44.7 (above their season average of 26.0), while the Dukes had a turnover percentage of 25.4 (above their season average of 10.7).
The inefficient offense of Norfolk State will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Robert Morris. Dating back to last season, the Spartans rank 316th in offensive efficiency, while the Colonials are 51st in defensive efficiency. The Colonials should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Norfolk State Spartans vs. Robert Morris Colonials Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Robert Morris, ATS Winner – Robert Morris, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spartans average 38.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 57th in the nation. The Colonials rank 269th in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).
- Norfolk State is 302nd in the NCAA with 11.0 assists per game while Robert Morris is 311th with 10.4 assists per game.
- Robert Morris ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (16.8) while Norfolk State ranks 269th (23.6).
- The Spartans rank 20th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Colonials rank 255th (2.4).
- Robert Morris ranks 19th in steals per game (8.1) while Norfolk State ranks 252nd (5.2).