The Norfolk State Spartans (13-11, 8-1 MEAC) will be at the Al Lawson Center to square off against the Florida A&M Rattlers (10-15, 7-3 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. The game can be seen on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 11, 2019.
Norfolk State Spartans at Florida A&M Rattlers Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Rattlers fell to the Howard Bison, 70-66, while the Spartans were defeated by the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 84-76.
Norfolk State forced Bethune-Cookman into a turnover percentage of 23.8 (above their season average of 18.1) while Florida A&M had a free throw rate of 0.208 (above their season average of 0.187). Florida A&M was led by Isaiah Martin, who put up 12 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Steven Whitley fueled Norfolk State with 23 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists.
In their first matchup this year, Jordan Butler led the Spartans to a 72-62 victory. He recorded a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Norfolk State’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Florida A&M. The Spartans had a rate of 0.347, while the Rattlers posted a mark of 0.204.
It might be an error-filled game for the Florida A&M offense. Florida A&M ranks 336th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 23.1 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Norfolk State forces the 44th-most turnovers in the country (22.1 percent). Also, the Spartans rank 36th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.282), while the Rattlers rank 331st in opponents’ FTA rate (0.293).
Norfolk State Spartans vs. Florida A&M Rattlers ATS Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Florida A&M, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Over
- Florida A&M ranks 49th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while Norfolk State ranks 182nd (23.3).
- The Spartans rank 36th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Rattlers rank 103rd (3.4).
- The Spartans rank 19th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Rattlers rank 129th (6.5).
- Norfolk State ranks 169th in rebounds per game (35.1) while Florida A&M ranks 270th (31.6).
- The Spartans’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 3.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rattlers have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (6.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 60.4 points per game (6.6 below their season average).