The Norfolk State Spartans (1-12) can put an end to an eight-game road losing streak when they challenge the Stony Brook Seawolves (5-8) at Island Federal Credit Union Arena. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Norfolk State Spartans at Stony Brook Seawolves Odds Preview
In the Spartans last outing, they fell to the Old Dominion Monarchs, 61-50. Alex Long put together a good performance for Norfolk State, putting up 11 points and six rebounds. Old Dominion did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (25-32; 78.1 percent). Norfolk State, meanwhile, held the Monarchs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.340 (below their season average of 0.503).
The Seawolves will look to keep it rolling after just getting past the Rutgers Scarlet Knights in their last game, 75-73. Stony Brook was lifted by Jaron Cornish, who put up 15 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. The Seawolves made 12 of their 16 free throws (75.0 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.9 (above their season average of 28.4).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Stony Brook. Stony Brook ranks 280th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Norfolk State forces the 46th-most turnovers in the nation (22.6 percent).
Norfolk State Spartans vs. Stony Brook Seawolves Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stony Brook, ATS Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Under
- The Spartans average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 103rd in the NCAA. The Seawolves rank 150th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- Norfolk State averages 34.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 182nd in the NCAA. Stony Brook ranks 188th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- Stony Brook averages 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 75th in the NCAA. Norfolk State ranks 203rd in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- The Spartans rank 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Seawolves rank 155th (7.5).
- Stony Brook averages 24.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 91st in the NCAA. Norfolk State ranks 181st in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- The Seawolves have outscored opponents by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Stony Brook has lost by an average of 0.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (3.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (8.3 below their season average).