The undefeated Grand Canyon Antelopes (3-0) try to continue their impressive start when they take on the winless Norfolk State Spartans (0-3) at Grand Canyon University Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Norfolk State Spartans at Grand Canyon Antelopes ATS Preview
The Spartans lost to the San Diego Toreros in their last game, 71-62. Norfolk States Nic Thomas put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 4-for-14 shooting. San Diego was lights out from beyond the arc (12-26; 46.2 percent). Norfolk State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (28.9 vs. 24.2).
In the Antelopes last game, they blew out the Little Rock Trojans, 76-51. Grand Canyon was lifted by Joshua Braun, who was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 9-for-11 shooting. The Antelopes had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.596 vs. 0.300) and had a better free throw rate (0.426 vs. 0.327).
Grand Canyon could dominate on defense as they square off against one of the worst offenses in the nation. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Antelopes rank 36th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.468), while Norfolk State is 300th in effective field goal percentage (0.478). It could also be a mistake-prone game for the offense of the Spartans, which ranks 318th in ball security (turnover percentage of 21.1 percent). Theyll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Antelopes, which has forced the 33rd-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.7 percent).
Norfolk State Spartans vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Norfolk State, ATS Winner – Norfolk State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Antelopes rank 150th in assists per game (13.8) while the Spartans rank 306th (10.9).
- Norfolk State averages 38.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 49th in the NCAA. Grand Canyon ranks 196th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Grand Canyon ranks 38th in steals per game (7.5) while Norfolk State ranks 233rd (5.2).
- The Spartans rank 17th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Antelopes rank 206th (2.9).
- Grand Canyon ranks 99th in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while Norfolk State ranks 262nd (23.5).