Asun foes will collide when the Lipscomb Bisons (15-8, 5-3 Asun) take on the NJIT Highlanders (11-12, 4-4 Asun) at Allen Arena. Action begins at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
NJIT Highlanders at Lipscomb Bisons Odds Preview
In the Highlanders last outing, they edged the Kennesaw State Owls, 74-71. With 18 points and eight rebounds, Anthony Tarke had a solid game for NJIT. The Highlanders made 24 of their 32 free throws (75.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.581 (above their season average of 0.512).
The Bisons come in on a high note after topping the USC Upstate Spartans in their last game, 110-106. With 38 points on 13-for-19 shooting, Rob Marberry was Lipscomb’s high scorer. The Bisons made 34 of their 47 free throws (72.3 percent) and held the Spartans to an effective field goal percentage of 0.434 (below their season average of 0.516).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Lipscomb. Lipscomb ranks 233rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.7 percent), while the disruptive defense of NJIT forces the 80th-most turnovers in the nation (21.1 percent).
Marberry has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Lipscomb, averaging 20.2 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bisons won 86-79. Lipscomb was successful at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Bisons made 29 of their 34 free throws (85.3 percent), while the Highlanders were just 11-19 (57.9 percent). Marberry was the games top overall scorer with 29 points.
NJIT Highlanders at Lipscomb Bisons Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Lipscomb, ATS Winner – Lipscomb, O/U – Under
- The Highlanders rank 108th in blocks per game (3.4) while the Bisons rank 180th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- NJIT averages 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 117th in the NCAA. Lipscomb ranks 152nd in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- NJIT averages 8.4 steals per game, which ranks 13th in the nation. Lipscomb ranks 151st in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Bisons average 40.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 17th in the NCAA. The Highlanders rank 144th in rebounds allowed per game (34.9).
- NJIT ranks 37th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Lipscomb ranks 137th (22.0).
- The Bisons average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (4.3 below their season average).