The NJIT Highlanders (0-4) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first victory when they challenge the Buffalo Bulls (6-3) at Alumni Arena. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
NJIT Highlanders at Buffalo Bulls Free Preview
In the Highlanders last game, they fell to the Colgate Raiders, 87-76. NJIT’s Anthony Tarke had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-17 shooting. Colgate did a fantastic job of making free throws (21-25; 84.0 percent). NJIT, meanwhile, held the Raiders to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.2 (below the 33.7 mark opponents have averaged against NJIT this season).
The Bulls are trying to rebound after their 89-73 loss to the No. 8 Texas A&M Aggies in their last game. CJ Massinburg was Buffalo’s high scorer with 20 points on 6-for-15 shooting. Texas A&M did an excellent job of making free throws (28-33; 84.8 percent). Buffalo, meanwhile, forced the Aggies into a turnover percentage of 20.1 (above their season average of 16.8).
This contest should be a matchup of conflicting styles. Buffalo ranks 40th in possessions per game (73.1) while NJIT is 156th (71.2) since last season.
NJIT Highlanders vs. Buffalo Bulls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – NJIT, ATS Winner – NJIT, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Highlanders average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 93rd in the NCAA. The Bulls rank 143rd in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Buffalo ranks 72nd in blocks per game (4.0) while NJIT ranks 89th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Buffalo ranks 28th in assists per game (15.0) while NJIT ranks 186th (12.5).
- The Bulls rank 13th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while the Highlanders rank 119th (21.6).
- Buffalo ranks 45th in rebounds per game (40.2) while NJIT ranks 130th (36.3).