The Nicholls Colonels (10-9, 3-3 SthLnd) will be at the American Bank Center to square off against the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (8-10, 3-2 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. The game begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Nicholls Colonels at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Islanders beat the New Orleans Privateers, 76-61, while the Colonels were beaten by the Central Arkansas Bears, 74-68.
The Islanders, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.456, had a great mark of 0.593, while the Privateers had a turnover percentage of 25.9 (above their season average of 20.0). Nicholls, meanwhile, held Central Arkansas to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.2 (below their season average of 24.6). Kareem South played a pivotal role for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi with 17 points. Gavin Peppers, meanwhile had a solid performance for Nicholls, contributing 26 points.
The Colonels won the only contest between these two teams last season, 91-61. Nicholls’ 0.642 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, who had a mark of 0.387. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Islanders rank 70th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.474), while Nicholls is 256th in effective field goal percentage (0.493). Moreover, the Colonels rank 267th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.0 percent), while the Islanders rank 35th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.8 percent).
Nicholls Colonels at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, O/U – Over
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 64th in rebounds per game (38.3) while Nicholls ranks 266th in rebounds allowed per game (40.1).
- The Colonels rank 19th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Islanders rank 113th (6.5).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi averages 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 139th in the NCAA. Nicholls ranks 186th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- The Colonels rank 13th in three pointers attempted per game (28.7) while the Islanders rank 198th (20.9).
- Nicholls ranks 41st in blocks per game (4.4) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 139th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Colonels’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.6, up from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Islanders have scored an average of 66.0 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (0.3 above their season average).