The Nicholls Colonels (20-9, 14-2 SthLnd) will travel to Prather Coliseum to square off against the Northwestern State Demons (4-23, 1-15 SthLnd) in their home finale. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Nicholls Colonels at Northwestern State Demons ATS Preview
The Colonels beat the New Orleans Privateers in their last game, 78-64. Jahvaughn Powell was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 8-for-14 shooting. The Colonels forced 24 turnovers and held the Privateers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 34.1).
The last time the Demons played, they were defeated by the Southeastern Louisiana Lions, 86-62. Larry Owens led Northwestern State in scoring with 10 points on 4-for-4 shooting. Southeastern Louisiana had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 17.8). Northwestern State, meanwhile, held the Lions to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 32.2).
Northwestern State might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the nation’s best defenses. Nicholls ranks 60th in defensive efficiency while the Demons rank 349th in offensive efficiency.
These teams have already met once this season. The Colonels won 87-46. The Colonels dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.545. The Demons recorded marks of 27.6 and 0.302, respectively, for those same stats. Kimani Jackson scored a game-high 14 points.
Nicholls Colonels vs. Northwestern State Demons Odds Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Under
- The Colonels rank 77th in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Demons rank 260th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- Nicholls averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 64th in the nation. Northwestern State ranks 148th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Nicholls ranks 57th in assists per game (15.6) while Northwestern State ranks 284th (9.6).
- The Colonels rank third in steals per game (9.8) while the Demons rank 226th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- Nicholls ranks 104th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Northwestern State ranks 298th (15.7).
- The Demons’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.0, down from 14.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 85.6 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (2.7 below their season average).