The Tulane Green Wave (5-3) will attempt to extend a five-game home winning streak when they meet the Nicholls Colonels (5-5) at Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, December 18, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Nicholls Colonels at Tulane Green Wave ATS Preview
The Colonels easily got past the Culver-Stockton Wildcats in their last game, 92-51. With 14 points, eight rebounds and eight assists, Jahvaughn Powell played well for Nicholls. Nicholls played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.7 (better than their season average of 16.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.0 (above their season average of 27.9). Culver-Stockton had marks of 32.8 and 25.0, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Green Wave’s last game, they were dismantled by the Florida State Seminoles, 72-53. Cameron Reynolds led Tulane in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-17 shooting. Florida State’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Tulane. The Seminoles had a rate of 0.224 (above their season average of 0.206), while the Green Wave posted a mark of 0.068 (below their season average of 0.262).
This game should be a battle of contrasting tempos. Nicholls ranks 27th in possessions per game (75.4) while Tulane is 139th (71.6) dating back to last season.
Nicholls Colonels vs. Tulane Green Wave Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tulane, ATS Winner – Tulane, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Green Wave average 35.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 168th in the nation. The Colonels rank 243rd in rebounds allowed per game (39.8).
- Tulane ranks 146th in assists per game (13.5) while Nicholls ranks 201st in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- Nicholls averages 5.6 blocks per game, which ranks 17th in the NCAA. Tulane ranks 120th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Colonels rank 29th in steals per game (8.4) while the Green Wave rank 131st (6.0).
- Nicholls ranks 35th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Tulane ranks 134th (22.1).