The Seattle Redhawks (8-6) will be at home in Connolly Center when they clash against the Nicholls Colonels (6-6). Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
Nicholls Colonels at Seattle Redhawks Free Preview
The last time the Colonels played, they dismantled the Mobile Rams, 96-52. Kimani Jackson was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 10-for-11 shooting. The Colonels forced 21 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.674 (above their season average of 0.532).
The Redhawks are trying to rebound after their 81-59 loss to the California Golden Bears in their last game. Matej Kavas was the games high scorer with 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting. California had a turnover percentage of 7.5 (better than their season average of 18.5). Seattle, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (36.6 vs. 36.1). Seattle could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Redhawks currently rank 58th in offensive efficiency, while Nicholls ranks 266th in defensive efficiency.
Nicholls Colonels at Seattle Redhawks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Seattle, ATS Winner – Seattle, O/U – Over
- The Colonels rank 24th in steals per game (11.3) while the Redhawks rank 155th (5.6).
- Nicholls ranks 27th in blocks per game (4.0) while Seattle ranks 120th (3.1).
- Seattle ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while Nicholls ranks 242nd (38.8).
- The Redhawks rank 38th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Colonels rank 205th (15.2).
- Nicholls averages 27.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 39th in the NCAA. Seattle ranks 184th in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- The Redhawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 81.0 points per game (8.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (9.6 below their season average).