The No. 5 Villanova Wildcats (1-0) will be at home in Wells Fargo Center when they meet the Nicholls Colonels (1-0). Action starts at 6:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Nicholls Colonels vs. Villanova Wildcats ATS Preview
In the Colonels last game, they defeated the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 111-106. With 19 points, eight rebounds and six assists, Nicholls Tevon Saddler had a good game. Nicholls dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.284 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.543. For those same stats, Texas-Rio Grande Valley was 0.236 and 0.478, respectively.
The Wildcats hope to keep it rolling after defeating the Columbia Lions in their last game, 75-60. Villanova was led by Omari Spellman, who finished with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Villanova dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.2 and a turnover percentage of 8.4. Columbia was 14.7 and 17.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Villanova could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense faces off against one of the nations worst defenses. The Wildcats rank sixth in offensive efficiency, while Nicholls ranks 314th in defensive efficiency since last season. Conflicting paces will be on display in this meeting. The fast-breaking Colonels rank 33rd in possessions per game, while the more methodical Wildcats rank 333rd.
The Colonels have had a middling 15-17 straight up (SU) record since last season, but are just 0-1 against the spread (ATS). Games involving Nicholls have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total since last season (100.0 percent).
The Wildcats, meanwhile, are 32-3 SU and 17-18-1 ATS since last season. Vegas has had a tendency to place the total high when Villanova has been involved over that same stretch as 63.9 percent of their games have gone under the projected point total.
Nicholls Colonels vs. Villanova Wildcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Villanova, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats average 13.9 assists per game, which ranks 135th in the NCAA. The Colonels rank 297th in assists allowed per game (16.5).
- Villanova ranks 31st in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Nicholls ranks 174th (6.4).
- Villanova ranks sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.9) while Nicholls ranks 312th (40.1).
- The Colonels rank 17th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while the Wildcats rank 232nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).
- Villanova ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while Nicholls ranks 184th (3.7).