The Niagara Purple Eagles (19-13) challenge the Eastern Michigan Eagles (21-12) in the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament at Convocation Center. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
Niagara Purple Eagles at Eastern Michigan Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Eagles lost a tough one against the Toledo Rockets, 64-63, while the Purple Eagles were beaten by the Fairfield Stags, 90-77.
Niagara held Fairfield to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (below the 30.9 mark opponents have averaged against Niagara this season) while Eastern Michigan had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 16.7). Paul Jackson was a key piece for Eastern Michigan with 26 points and five assists. Dominic Robb, meanwhile had a solid performance for Niagara, putting up 29 points and 12 rebounds.
Eastern Michigan figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Eagles currently rank 47th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.478), while Niagara is 171st in effective field goal percentage (0.513). Opposite paces will be on display in this contest. The up-tempo Purple Eagles rank 16th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Eagles rank 287th.
Purple Eagles games have typically finished over the total (75.0 percent). Niagara comes into the game with records of 19-13 straight up (SU) and 16-12 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Niagara, Eagles games tend to finish under the total (66.7 percent). Moreover, Eastern Michigan is 21-12 SU and 17-10 ATS.
Elijah Minnie and Paul Jackson have played at a high level over the last five games for Eastern Michigan. Minnie has averaged 22.6 points, 8.8 rebounds, 1.8 blocks and 1.2 steals, while Jackson has put up 16.6 points and 6.0 assists a game during that span.
Niagara Purple Eagles at Eastern Michigan Eagles Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Over
- Eastern Michigan ranks sixth in steals per game (8.8) while Niagara ranks 219th (5.0).
- The Purple Eagles rank 108th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while the Eagles rank 233rd (19.3).
- Eastern Michigan averages 12.7 assists per game, which ranks 199th in the nation. Niagara ranks 271st in assists allowed per game (16.3).
- The Purple Eagles rank 28th in rebounds per game (38.9) while the Eagles rank 186th (34.6).
- Eastern Michigan averages 6.3 blocks per game, which ranks third in the NCAA. Niagara ranks 156th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Purple Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.0, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.4 points per game (6.4 below their season average).