The New Hampshire Wildcats (2-6) will be at home in Lundholm Gym when they meet the Niagara Purple Eagles (3-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. New Hampshire Wildcats Betting Preview
In the Purple Eagles last contest, they got blown out by the Buffalo Bulls, 106-87. With 29 points on 9-for-17 shooting, Matt Scott was the top scorer from either team. Buffalo had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 14.3). Niagara, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent).
The Wildcats come in on a high note after beating the Bryant Bulldogs in their last game, 75-59. New Hampshire rallied around Tanner Leissner, who was the teams leading scorer with 19 points on 6-for-15 shooting. New Hampshire played a perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 26.1) and a free throw rate of 0.233 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Bryant recorded marks of 5.7 and 0.148, respectively.
New Hampshire appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Wildcats rank 84th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.482), while Niagara is 300th in effective field goal percentage (0.482) since last season.
Niagara Purple Eagles at New Hampshire Wildcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – New Hampshire, ATS Winner – New Hampshire, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats average 23.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 95th in the nation. The Purple Eagles rank 209th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2).
- Niagara ranks 236th in steals per game (5.4) while New Hampshire ranks 306th (4.0).
- New Hampshire ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while Niagara ranks 300th (16.0).
- The Wildcats rank 50th in rebounds allowed per game (32.7) while the Purple Eagles rank 293rd (38.7).
- Niagara ranks 55th in blocks per game (4.4) while New Hampshire ranks 283rd (1.8).