The Honda Center will play host to an East-West clash as the New York Rangers face off against the Anaheim Ducks. It’s the last time that the two clubs will go at it in the regular season. The action will get started at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, and fans at home can view the game live on MSG Network.
New York Rangers vs. Anaheim Ducks Odds
Anaheim enters the game as the substantial favorite with a -170 moneyline. The line for New York sits at +150 and the Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 6 goals. The odds for betting the total sit at -110 money on the over and -110 for the under.
New York is 24-24 straight up (SU) and has lost 2.9 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Through 48 regular season outings, 26 of its games have gone over the total, while 20 have gone under and just two have pushed. This 2017-18 Rangers team is 7-13 SU on the road.
New York has converted on 19.6 percent of its power play chances this season, a figure that’s right around league average. Its penalty kill is ranked 13th overall, and the teams successfully killed off 82.1 percent of its penalties.
For the team as a whole, the Broadway Blueshirts have been penalized just 3.6 times per game this season, and 2.6 per game over its last five road outings. The teams had to kill penalties just 7.4 minutes per game over their last 10 outings.
With a .924 save percentage and 29.5 saves per game, Henrik Lundqvist (21-20-4) has been the top option in goal for New York this season. If head coach Alain Vigneault chooses to rest him, however, New York might turn to Ondrej Pavelec (3-8-1 record, .915 save percentage, 2.97 goals against average).
The visiting Rangers will be led by Mats Zuccarello and Pavel Buchnevich. Zuccarello has 34 points on eight goals and 26 assists, and has recorded multiple points six times. Buchnevich has 13 goals and 17 assists to his credit (and has registered at least one point in 23 games).
On the other side of the rink, Anaheim is 22-26 straight up (SU) and has lost 2.8 units for moneyline bettors this year. 30 of its games have gone under the total, while 17 have gone over and just one has pushed. It’s 12-12 SU as the home team this season.
The Ducks have converted on just 17.1 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 13th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 82.5 percent of all opponent power plays.
Anaheim skaters have been whistled for penalties 4.6 times per game in total this season, 4.8 per game over their last five match ups total, and 4.4 per game over their last five home outings. The teams been forced to defend opponent power plays 9.4 minutes per game over their last five home outings.
John Gibson has stopped 29.4 shots per game as the primary selection in goal for the Ducks. Gibson has 16 wins, 21 losses, and six OT losses to his credit and has registered a pedestrian 2.67 goals against average and a .920 save percentage this season.
The Ducks will be led on offense by Rickard Rakell (17 goals, 18 assists).
New York Rangers at Anaheim Ducks Betting Predictions
Predictions: SU Winner – Rangers, O/U – Under
- Six of Anaheim’s last ten games have been decided by two or more goals. The team is 4-2 overall in those games.
- The Rangers are 11-11 SU when they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Ducks are 16-13 SU in games where they spend more time in the box than their opponent.
- New York is 3-4 in games decided by a shootout this season while Anaheim is 2-5 in shootouts.
- The over has hit in three of Anaheim’s last five outings.
- Anaheim skaters have averaged 14.0 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 10.2 giveaways per game (ranked 21st in the NHL).
- New York is ranked 31st this season with 13.4 giveaways per game. That figures trended down lately, however, as it’s averaged 9.3 giveaways over its last 10 games and 7.2 giveaways over its last five.
- he Ducks this season have handed the seventh-most hits in the NHL (23.7 per game).