Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad, and the New York Rangers are set to do battle against John Tavares, Mitchell Marner, and the Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Arena in an Original Six matchup. The opening face-off takes place at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 23, and you’ll be able to catch the game live on CBC Sports.
New York Rangers at Toronto Maple Leafs Odds
New York (+270) is entering this one as the underdog to Toronto (-340), and the Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 7 goals (-105 over, -115 under).
Toronto is 44-30 straight up (SU) and has recorded 4.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline thus far. Of the team’s 74 games this season, 37 have gone over the total, while 33 have gone under and just four have pushed. Thus far, the team’s 22-15 SU at home.
The Maple Leafs have connected on 21.6 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a mark that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. On the other hand, their penalty kill is rated 13th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 81.2 percent of all penalties.
Boasting a .918 save percentage and 29.6 saves per game, Frederik Andersen (34-20-4) has been the most dependable goalkeeper for the Leafs this season. If Toronto chooses to give him the night off, however, head coach Mike Babcock may roll with Garret Sparks (8-10-10 record, .903 save percentage, 3.16 goals against average).
In the other locker room, New York is 28-45 straight up (SU) and has lost 9.6 units for moneyline bettors thus far. 35 of its matches have gone over the total, while 34 have gone under the total and just four have pushed. The Rangers are 11-25 SU as a road team this season.
The Rangers have converted on 19.2 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 26th overall and it’s successfully defended 78.4 percent of all opponent power plays.
Henrik Lundqvist (.909 save percentage and 2.99 goals against average) has been the main option in goal for New York. Lundqvist is averaging 29.6 saves per game and owns an 18-31-10 record.
New York Rangers vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Predictions
Free NHL Pick: SU Winner – Maple Leafs, O/U – Over
- Two of the Rangers’ last ten games have ended in a shootout. The team is 0-2 in those games and 6-4 overall in shootouts this season.
- For both of these teams, the over has hit in three of their last five outings.
- New York has managed 27.8 shot attempts per game over its last five road games while Toronto has been attempting 38.8 shots per game over its last five at home.
- Over New York’s last ten games, five of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 1-4 in those games).
- New York skaters have accounted for the league’s fifth-most hits per game (26.0).