The Washington Wizards (40-32) welcome the New York Knicks (26-47) to Capital One Arena. The Knicks are 10-point underdogs and can end a five-game road losing streak. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
New York Knicks vs. Washington Wizards ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Wizards fell to the Denver Nuggets, 108-100, while the Knicks were defeated by the Minnesota Timberwolves, 108-104.
New York had a better turnover percentage (9.1 vs. 13.6) while Washington held Denver to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.6 (below their season average of 25.8). Markieff Morris played a key role for Washington with 17 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Tim Hardaway Jr. had a good game for New York, finishing with 39 points.
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Washington in this contest. The Wizards currently rank eighth in offensive rebounding percentage (23.5 percent), while New York ranks 18th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.9 percent).
Just over half of the Knicks games have finished over the projected point total. New York holds records of 26-47 straight up (SU) and 34-39 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of New York, a little over half of Wizards games have finished under the O/U total. Moreover, Washington is 40-32 SU and 32-38-2 ATS.
The Wizards have won both matchups against the Knicks this season. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 231 points, well over the projected point total of 210.5. Washington won 118-113, covering as a 4.5-point favorite. Washington’s 0.170 free throw rate was their largest advantage over New York, who had a mark of 0.144. Bradley Beal was a standout player in the game, putting up 36 points, seven assists and five rebounds.
New York Knicks at Washington Wizards ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank eighth in blocks per game (5.2) while the Wizards rank 15th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- New York averages 13.6 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Washington ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- The Wizards rank 16th in fast break points per game (11.4) while the Knicks rank 29th (8.3).
- New York averages 46.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Washington ranks 19th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.6).
- Washington ranks 10th in points off turnovers per game (17.2) while New York ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- The Wizards rank 10th in steals per game (7.9) while the Knicks rank 27th (6.8).
- The Wizards rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (29.1) while the Knicks rank 25th (30.6).
- Washington ranks fifth in assists per game (24.9) while New York ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (23.8).
- Washington is 18-4 when they allow less than 100 points, while New York is 12-3.
- When reaching the century mark, the Wizards are 37-18 and the Knicks are 25-25.
- Washington is 12-22-2 ATS at home, while New York is 14-23 ATS on the road.
- The Knicks have 19 overs, 16 unders and 2 pushes in 37 road games.
- In 36 home games, the Wizards have 18 overs, 16 unders and 2 pushes.
- The Knicks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 1-4.
- In their last five games, New York has 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push, while Washington has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Knicks have outscored opponents by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, New York has lost by an average of 3.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 107.0 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.6 points per game (3.6 above their season average).