The Toronto Raptors (37-16) can continue a five-game home winning streak when they take on the New York Knicks (23-32) at Air Canada Centre. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 8, 2018, and it can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto.
New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors Betting Preview
In the Knicks’ last outing, they lost to the Milwaukee Bucks, 103-89. With 19 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Enes Kanter led New York in scoring. Milwaukee did an excellent job of making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent). New York, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (23.9 vs. 18.2).
The Raptors come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Boston Celtics in their last outing, 111-91. With 23 points on 6-for-13 shooting, Kyle Lowry was the top scorer from either team. The Raptors had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.531), while the Celtics had a turnover percentage of 15.6 (above their season average of 12.3).
Toronto could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they clash against one of the worst offenses in the NBA. The Raptors rank third in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.499), while New York is 22nd in effective field goal percentage (0.511).
Of New York’s 55 games, 27 have finished over the projected point total, while 27 of Toronto’s 53 games have finished over the O/U total. The Raptors have the clear advantage straight up (SU) (37-16 vs. 23-32) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (29-24 vs. 28-27).
Kanter has really been playing well over the last five games for New York, averaging 16.8 points and 15.4 rebounds per game.
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. In the most recent game, Tim Hardaway Jr. scored a game-high 38 points and the Knicks defeated the Raptors 108-100, covering as 4-point underdogs. He also had seven assists and six rebounds. The two teams combined for 208 points, which was just 3 points below the projected point total of 211 points. The Knicks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.9 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2. The Raptors were 13.6 and 26.1, respectively, for those same stats.
New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors Odds Prediction
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank fourth in points off turnovers per game (18.5) while the Knicks rank 23rd (15.4).
- New York ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.6) while Toronto ranks 19th (45.3).
- Toronto ranks ninth in steals per game (8.2) while New York ranks 26th (6.8).
- Toronto ranks 13th in assists per game (22.8) while New York ranks 17th in assists allowed per game (23.0).
- Toronto is 15-11 ATS at home, while New York is 12-16 ATS on the road.
- The Knicks have 15 overs, 12 unders and 1 push in 28 road games.
- The Raptors have 14 unders and 12 overs in 26 home games.
- When allowing below 100 points, New York is 11-3 and Toronto is 17-5.
- The Knicks are 22-16 when they score over 100 points, while the Raptors are 34-9.
- The Knicks average 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Raptors rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Toronto ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.0) while New York ranks last (21.8).
- The Raptors rank fifth in fast break points per game (14.0) while the Knicks rank 29th (7.4).
- The Knicks rank fifth in rebounds allowed per game (41.8) while the Raptors rank 13th (42.5).
- New York ranks sixth in second chance points per game (13.6) while Toronto ranks 27th in second chance points allowed per game (13.6).
- Toronto is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 2-3 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.4, up from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 91.8 points per game (12.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 98.4 points per game (7.1 below their season average).