The Indiana Pacers (12-11) will be at home in Bankers Life Fieldhouse when they go head-to-head with the New York Knicks (11-11). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
New York Knicks at Indiana Pacers Free Preview
The Knicks were beaten by the Orlando Magic in their last game, 105-100. New York’s Enes Kanter had a good game, putting up 18 points and 16 rebounds. Orlando did a great job of making free throws (25-29; 86.2 percent). New York, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (22.7 vs. 18.6).
In the Pacers last matchup, they were defeated by the Toronto Raptors, 120-115. Victor Oladipo was the top scorer from either team with 36 points on 14-for-22 shooting. Toronto held the Pacers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.480 (below their season average of 0.538). Indiana, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (17-22; 77.3 percent).
Indiana figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Pacers currently rank sixth in offensive efficiency, while New York ranks 16th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Knicks, who rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (26.4 percent), will go head-to-head against the Pacers, who rank 22nd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.7 percent).
Of New York’s 21 games that accepted bets, 12 have finished under the projected point total, while 12 of Indiana’s 23 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Knicks are 11-11 SU and 13-8 ATS, while the Pacers are 12-11 SU and 14-9 ATS.
Courtney Lee has taken his game to another level over the last five games for New York, averaging 17.8 points, 3.4 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 209 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 216. The Knicks won 108-101, covering as 1.5-point underdogs. New York out-rebounded Indiana. The Knicks had 12 offensive rebounds and 46 total rebounds, while the Pacers had four and 34, respectively. Kristaps Porzingis scored a game-high 40 points.
New York Knicks vs. Indiana Pacers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Knicks average 15.0 second chance points per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Pacers rank 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- New York averages 23.2 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Indiana ranks 21st in assists allowed per game (23.5).
- Indiana ranks 13th in steals per game (8.0) while New York ranks 28th (6.8).
- Indiana ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (30.9) while New York ranks last (33.5).
- On the road, New York is 2-5 ATS with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- Indiana is 6-4 ATS at home with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Indiana and New York are both 5-0.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Knicks and Pacers are both 11-5.
- The Knicks rank first in rebounds allowed per game (39.9) while the Pacers rank 16th (43.4).
- New York ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (39.5) while Indiana ranks 27th (49.2).
- The Pacers rank third in fast break points per game (14.5) while the Knicks rank 28th (6.2).
- The Knicks rank 14th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Pacers rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- Indiana ranks sixth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.2) while New York ranks 26th (19.2).
- Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 0.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 102.4 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.4 points per game (1.6 above their season average).