The New York Knicks (27-47) will travel to Spectrum Center to meet the Charlotte Hornets (33-41). The Knicks opened as 11-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 223 points and it can be seen on MSG Network at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, March 26, 2018.
New York Knicks at Charlotte Hornets ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Hornets defeated the Dallas Mavericks 102-98, while the Knicks beat the Washington Wizards 101-97.
New York’s 0.500 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Washington, who had a rate of 0.460. The Knicks’ mark was below their season average of 0.509, while the Wizards’ was below their season average of 0.526. The Hornets, on the other hand, held the Mavericks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.3 (below their season average of 18.2) and had a better free throw rate (0.217 vs. 0.154). Charlotte’s Dwight Howard had a good game, putting up 18 points and 23 rebounds. Meanwhile, Enes Kanter was a key piece for New York with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Charlotte could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Charlotte ranks first in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.0 percent), while New York forces the fifth-fewest turnovers (13.1 percent). Also, the Knicks are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.5 percent). The Hornets, meanwhile, rank first in defensive rebounding percentage (81.1 percent).
Just over half of the Knicks’ games have finished over the O/U total. New York holds records of 27-47 straight up (SU) and 34-39 against the spread (ATS).
Much like New York, a little over half of Hornets games have finished over the O/U total. Additionally, Charlotte owns records of 33-41 SU and 31-39-4 ATS.
In three contests against each other this season, the Knicks have won two. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 225 points, just under the projected point total of 225.5. New York won 124-101, covering as a 6-point underdog. New York launched 26 three pointers, making 12 of them (46.2 percent), while Charlotte was 9-33 (27.3 percent). Tim Hardaway Jr. was the game’s top overall scorer with 25 points.
New York Knicks at Charlotte Hornets Odds Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Hornets, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Hornets rank 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while the Knicks rank 29th (22.7).
- Charlotte ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.4) while New York ranks 24th (8.2).
- The Hornets rank first in second chance points allowed per game (10.3) while the Knicks rank 16th (12.8).
- New York ranks 13th in assists per game (23.0) while Charlotte ranks 27th (21.3).
- New York ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (46.6) while Charlotte ranks 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.9).
- The Hornets rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.2) while the Knicks rank 23rd (17.5).
- The Hornets average 45.5 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Knicks rank 15th in rebounds allowed per game (42.8).
- Charlotte ranks 27th in fast break points per game (9.1) while New York ranks 29th (8.5).
- New York ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.2) while Charlotte ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Charlotte is 12-3 and New York is 13-3.
- When reaching 100 points, the Knicks are 26-25 and the Hornets are 32-19.
- Charlotte is 17-19-1 ATS at home, while New York is 14-23 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 19 of the Knicks’ 37 road games, while 20 of the Hornets’ 37 home games have gone over.
- The Knicks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Hornets are 3-2.
- In their last five games, New York has 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push, while Charlotte has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Knicks have outscored opponents by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. For the season, New York has lost by an average of 3.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 109.6 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 102.8 points per game (4.6 below their season average).