An 11-game home winning streak is on the line for the San Antonio Spurs (24-11) when they welcome the New York Knicks (17-17) to AT&T Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 201 points with San Antonio set as an 11.5-point favorite. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
New York Knicks vs. San Antonio Spurs Odds Preview
In the Knicks last contest, they lost to the Chicago Bulls, 92-87. Kristaps Porzingis had a good game for New York, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 9-for-22 shooting. Chicago did an excellent job of making free throws (12-16; 75.0 percent). New York, on the other hand, held the Bulls to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.3 (below their season average of 20.3).
The Spurs come in on a high note after beating the Brooklyn Nets in their last outing, 109-97. San Antonio was lifted by Pau Gasol, who contributed 15 points, 12 rebounds and five assists. San Antonio dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.182) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.512). Brooklyn was 0.075 and 0.484, respectively, for those same stats.
San Antonio figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Spurs rank sixth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.508), while New York is 19th in effective field goal percentage (0.512). Furthermore, the Knicks rank 22nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.185), while the Spurs rank second in opponents FTA rate (0.158).
Of New York’s 33 games that accepted bets, 17 have finished under the O/U total, while 20 of San Antonio’s 35 games have finished under the O/U total. The Spurs have the clear advantage straight up (SU) (24-11 vs. 17-17), but the Knicks have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (19-14 vs. 18-15-2).
Enes Kanter has been playing at a high level over the last five games for New York, averaging 17.6 points and 11.2 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after splitting two games last season. The Spurs won the last contest 106-98. The Spurs dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 32.7 and a turnover percentage of 12.0. For those same stats, the Knicks recorded marks of 26.1 and 14.6, respectively.
New York Knicks vs. San Antonio Spurs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Spurs rank 10th in second chance points per game (13.2) while the Knicks rank 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- New York ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (40.7) while San Antonio ranks fifth (41.3).
- San Antonio ranks 17th in fast break points per game (9.9) while New York ranks 28th (6.1).
- On the road, New York is 4-8 ATS with 6 unders, 5 overs and 1 push.
- At home, San Antonio is 12-5-1 ATS with 10 overs and 8 unders.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, San Antonio is 16-5 and New York is 8-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Spurs are 17-1 and the Knicks are 16-7.
- The Knicks rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (39.8) while the Spurs rank 11th (42.2).
- San Antonio ranks eighth in three pointers allowed per game (26.8) while New York ranks 28th (32.1).
- The Spurs rank first in blocks allowed per game (3.5) while the Knicks rank 19th (4.9).
- The Spurs average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 23rd in the NBA. The Knicks rank 24th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- San Antonio ranks 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7) while New York ranks 27th (18.9).
- San Antonio is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Spurs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 95.8 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 100.6 points per game (2.6 below their season average).