The New York Knicks (24-40) look to put an end to the seven-game winning streak of Portland when they head to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter to go head-to-head against the Trail Blazers (38-26). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 215 points with Portland set as a 10-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
New York Knicks at Portland Trail Blazers Free Preview
In the Knicks last matchup, they lost a close one to the Sacramento Kings, 102-99. New York’s Enes Kanter had a solid game, recording 14 points and 16 rebounds. Sacramento had a better turnover percentage (10.8 vs. 11.9). New York, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6 (above their season average of 24.5).
The Trail Blazers will look to keep it rolling after beating the Los Angeles Lakers in their last contest, 108-103. Portland was lifted by Damian Lillard, who was the games leading scorer with 39 points on 12-for-25 shooting. Portland played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.337 (above their season average of 0.193) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.9 (below their season average of 22.8). For those same stats, Los Angeles was 0.279 and 14.0, respectively.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Portland figures to have a substantial advantage. The Trail Blazers defense ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.502), while the New York offense is ranked 23rd in effective field goal percentage (0.509).
Of New York’s 64 games, 33 have finished over the projected point total, while 36 of Portland’s 63 games have finished under the projected point total. The Trail Blazers have the better straight up (SU) record (38-26 vs. 24-40) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (32-25-6 vs. 29-35).
Lillard has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Portland, averaging 29.0 points, 6.2 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 194 points, which was under the projected point total of 203.5. The Trail Blazers won 103-91, covering as 1.5-point favorites. The Trail Blazers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.265 and a solid turnover percentage of 8.7. For those same stats, the Knicks were 0.182 and 11.7, respectively. Lillard was the games leading scorer with 32 points.
New York Knicks at Portland Trail Blazers Betting Prediction
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Over
- The Knicks rank 13th in assists per game (22.9) while the Trail Blazers rank last (19.1).
- New York ranks 10th in rebounds per game (44.1) while Portland ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (43.0).
- Portland ranks 11th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while New York ranks 25th (8.4).
- Portland is 28th in the league with 7.8 fast break points per game while New York is 29th with 7.7 fast break points per game.
- New York is 13-21 ATS on the road, while Portland is 15-13-3 ATS at home.
- Of the Knicks 34 road games, they have 18 overs, 15 unders and 1 push.
- The Trail Blazers have 17 unders and 14 overs in 31 home games.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Portland is 20-5 and New York is 11-3.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Trail Blazers are 33-13 and the Knicks are 23-21.
- The Knicks rank fifth in second chance points per game (13.7) while the Trail Blazers rank 12th in second chance points allowed per game (12.0).
- Portland ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.6) while New York ranks 24th (30.5).
- The Knicks rank seventh in points in the paint per game (46.6) while the Trail Blazers rank 25th (42.2).
- The Knicks rank 23rd in points off turnovers per game (15.5) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th (14.6).
- New York ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.4) while Portland ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Portland is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Trail Blazers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 109.4 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 117.8 points per game (10.8 above their season average).