The New York Knicks (27-48), 12.5-point underdogs, will have their hands full against the NBA’s top shooting defense when they go head-to-head against the Philadelphia 76ers (43-30) at Wells Fargo Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 221.5 points and it can be seen on MSG Network at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the 76ers dismantled the Denver Nuggets, 123-104, while the Knicks fell to the Charlotte Hornets, 137-128.
The 76ers had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 25.4) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.577 (above their season average of 0.532). New York, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.3 vs. 11.7). Philadelphia’s Joel Embiid led the way, finishing with 20 points and 13 rebounds. Meanwhile, Trey Burke fueled New York with 42 points and 12 assists.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Philadelphia figures to have a substantial edge. The 76ers defense ranks second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.493), while the New York offense is ranked 23rd in effective field goal percentage (0.510).
Of the Knicks 75 games, 37 have finished over the total. New York heads into the game with records of 27-48 straight up (SU) and 36-39 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with New York, just over half of 76ers games have finished over the total. Further, Philadelphia owns records of 43-30 SU and 42-31 ATS.
Marco Belinelli has really been playing well as of late for Philadelphia, averaging 14.6 points over the last five games.
The 76ers have won all three contests against the Knicks this year. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 228 points, which was over the projected point total of 218. Philadelphia won 118-110 but was unable to cover as a 9.5-point favorite. Philadelphia’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The 76ers had 19 offensive rebounds and 53 total rebounds, while the Knicks had eight and 44, respectively. Embiid recorded a double-double with 29 points and 10 rebounds.
New York Knicks at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4) while the 76ers rank last (19.0).
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in steals per game (8.0) while New York ranks 28th (6.9).
- The 76ers average 47.0 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the league. The Knicks rank 15th in rebounds allowed per game (42.8).
- New York ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.1) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Philadelphia averages 13.5 second chance points per game, which ranks eighth in the league. New York ranks 17th in second chance points allowed per game (12.8).
- The 76ers average 26.4 assists per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Knicks rank 20th in assists allowed per game (23.8).
- The 76ers rank 17th in fast break points per game (10.9) while the Knicks rank 28th (8.5).
- Philadelphia ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.7) while New York ranks seventh (43.1).
- Philadelphia ranks 12th in three pointers attempted per game (29.5) while New York ranks 29th (22.8).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Philadelphia is 18-0 and New York is 13-3.
- The Knicks are 26-26 when they score more than 100 points, while the 76ers are 40-18.
- New York is 16-23 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 24-11 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 18 of the 76ers 35 home games, while 20 of the Knicks 39 road games have gone over.
- The 76ers are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 4-1.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push, while New York has 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 117.6 points per game (8.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (3.7 below their season average).
- The Knicks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 3.4 for the season.