The New York Knicks (23-34), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they visit Wells Fargo Center to meet the Philadelphia 76ers (28-25). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208 points with Philadelphia opening as an 11.5-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 12, 2018, and it can be seen on NBATV.
New York Knicks at Philadelphia 76ers Betting Preview
The Knicks lost to the Indiana Pacers in their last outing, 121-113. New York’s Michael Beasley put up 16 points and 13 rebounds in the contest. Indiana had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.7 (above their season average of 21.5). New York, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (22-25; 88.0 percent).
The last time the 76ers played, they beat the Los Angeles Clippers, 112-98. Philadelphia received a boost from Joel Embiid, who was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 9-for-23 shooting. The 76ers forced 16 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.526).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Philadelphia should have a substantial edge. The 76ers defense ranks second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.492), while the New York offense is ranked 22nd in effective field goal percentage (0.510).
Of New York’s 56 games with betting action, 28 have finished under the projected point total, while 27 of Philadelphia’s 53 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the 76ers have a significant advantage. They are 28-25 SU and 30-23 ATS, while the Knicks are 23-34 SU and 28-28 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 203 points, which was under the projected point total of 211.5. The 76ers won 105-98, covering as 1.5-point favorites. Philadelphia made good use of their 30 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 25 of them (83.3 percent). New York, on the other hand, was just 18-28 (64.3 percent). Enes Kanter had a double-double in the loss with 31 points and 22 rebounds.
New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (25.6) while the Knicks rank 19th in assists allowed per game (23.2).
- Philadelphia ranks 19th in fast break points per game (10.2) while New York ranks 28th (7.5).
- Philadelphia ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (28.9) while New York ranks last (22.1).
- Philadelphia is third in the league with 41.4 points allowed in the paint per game while New York is fifth with 41.9 points allowed in the paint per game.
- New York is 12-17 ATS on the road with 15 overs, 13 unders and 1 push.
- Philadelphia is 17-8 ATS at home with 14 unders and 11 overs.
- Philadelphia is 12-0 when they allow below 100 points, while New York is 11-3.
- The 76ers are 25-16 when they score more than 100 points, while the Knicks are 22-17.
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (46.9) while the Knicks rank 11th in rebounds allowed per game (42.2).
- New York averages 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- The 76ers rank eighth in steals per game (8.2) while the Knicks rank 28th (6.8).
- The Knicks rank 22nd in points off turnovers per game (15.3) while the 76ers rank last in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.3).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.5) while New York ranks 22nd in second chance points allowed per game (13.1).
- Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 1-4 ATS with 5 unders.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 95.2 points per game (8.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.6 points per game (0.3 below their season average).