The Milwaukee Bucks (27-23) will be at home in BMO Harris Bradley Center when they clash with the New York Knicks (23-29). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208 points with Milwaukee opening as a 4.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, February 2, 2018, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
New York Knicks vs. Milwaukee Bucks ATS Preview
The Knicks lost big to the Boston Celtics in their last contest, 103-73. With 17 points on 7-for-10 shooting, Enes Kanter was New York’s high scorer. Boston was lights out from beyond the arc (11-26; 42.3 percent). New York, meanwhile, held the Celtics to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 21.1).
The last time the Bucks played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Minnesota Timberwolves, 108-89. With 17 points, 15 rebounds and six assists, Giannis Antetokounmpo had a solid performance for Milwaukee. Minnesota had an effective field goal percentage of 0.583 (above their season average of 0.521). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (above their season average of 19.1).
New York could struggle to create turnovers. Milwaukee ranks eighth in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.4 percent), while New York forces the seventh-fewest turnovers (13.4 percent).
Of New York’s 52 games, 27 have finished over the projected point total, while 26 of Milwaukee’s 49 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bucks hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (27-23 vs. 23-29), but the Knicks have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (27-25 vs. 22-22-5).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Knicks, it’s been Kanter, who has averaged 17.6 points and 12.0 rebounds, while the Bucks have gotten great contributions from John Henson (11.6 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.2 blocks).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bucks won two out of three contests played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Milwaukee won 104-93. The Bucks played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.256 and an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 7.5. The Knicks were 0.095 and 14.4, respectively, for those same stats.
New York Knicks at Milwaukee Bucks Free Prediction
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank eighth in fast break points per game (13.6) while the Knicks rank 29th (7.4).
- New York ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.9) while Milwaukee ranks 18th (45.4).
- New York ranks 12th in rebounds per game (44.1) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.8).
- New York ranks 11th in assists per game (23.1) while Milwaukee ranks 15th in assists allowed per game (23.0).
- Milwaukee is 10-13-3 ATS at home, while New York is 11-16 ATS on the road.
- In 27 road games, the Knicks have 15 overs, 11 unders and 1 push.
- The Bucks have 13 overs, 12 unders and 1 push in 26 home games.
- Milwaukee is 12-3 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while New York is 11-1.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Knicks are 22-16 and the Bucks are 23-12.
- The Bucks average 17.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Knicks rank 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.8).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in steals per game (8.5) while New York ranks 28th (6.8).
- The Knicks rank fifth in second chance points per game (13.6) while the Bucks rank 28th (10.1).
- The Bucks rank third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Knicks rank 11th (4.6).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while New York ranks 26th (31.1).
- Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 7.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Milwaukee has lost by an average of 0.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 104.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 107.2 points per game (1.3 above their season average).