A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Miami Heat (38-33) when they welcome the New York Knicks (26-45) to AmericanAirlines Arena. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 21, 2018, and can be seen on MSG Network.
New York Knicks vs. Miami Heat ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Heat were victorious over the Denver Nuggets 149-141, while the Knicks won big over the Chicago Bulls 110-92.
The Knicks held the Bulls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.375 (below their season average of 0.501) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 (above their season average of 24.4). Meanwhile, Miami’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Denver. The Heat had a rate of 0.647 (above their season average of 0.519), while the Nuggets posted a mark of 0.550. James Johnson had a solid performance for Miami, putting up 31 points, 11 rebounds and six assists. New York was lifted by Enes Kanter, who had 10 points and 13 rebounds.
Miami appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Heat currently rank eighth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.511), while New York is 22nd in effective field goal percentage (0.510). Additionally, the Knicks, who rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.5 percent), will clash against the Heat, who rank fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.3 percent).
Games including the Knicks have gone over the total 50.7 percent of the time. New York holds records of 26-45 straight up (SU) and 33-38 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to New York, just over half of Heat games have finished under the total. Additionally, Miami is 38-33 SU and 37-31-3 ATS.
Kelly Olynyk has really been playing well as of late for Miami, averaging 12.4 points, 7.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks over the last five games.
The Heat evened the season series at one with a 107-103 win in their most recent contest. Michael Beasley finished with 20 points and 10 rebounds. Miami out-rebounded New York. The Heat had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. eight) and total rebounds (44 vs. 39). The two teams combined to put up 210 points, which was over the projected point total of 202.5, and Miami was unable to cover as a 7-point favorite.
New York Knicks at Miami Heat Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Over
- The Heat are 28th in the NBA with 8.6 fast break points per game while the Knicks are 29th with 8.2 fast break points per game.
- Miami ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (30.8) while New York ranks 29th (22.5).
- The Heat rank 18th in steals per game (7.5) while the Knicks rank 26th (6.8).
- New York ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.3) while Miami ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Miami averages 16.2 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 20th in the NBA. New York ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- The Knicks rank sixth in second chance points per game (13.6) while the Heat rank 25th (11.0).
- The Knicks rank seventh in points in the paint per game (46.8) while the Heat rank 11th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.4).
- Miami ranks third in assists allowed per game (20.7) while New York ranks 18th (23.7).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Miami is 22-6 and New York is 12-3.
- When reaching 100 points, the Knicks are 25-24 and the Heat are 27-16.
- New York is 14-22 ATS on the road, while Miami is 14-18-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 17 of the Heat’s 34 home games, while 19 of the Knicks’ 36 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, New York and Miami are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Knicks have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Heat have 4 overs and 1 under
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 117.6 points per game (14.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.4 points per game (11.4 above their season average).