The Golden State Warriors (37-10), the NBA’s top scoring team, will go head-to-head against the New York Knicks (21-26) at ORACLE Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 227 points with Golden State set as a 14-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
New York Knicks at Golden State Warriors ATS Preview
The last time the Knicks played, they lost big to the Los Angeles Lakers, 127-107. New York’s Enes Kanter recorded 12 points and 14 rebounds in the contest. Los Angeles had a turnover percentage of 5.6 (better than their season average of 14.0). New York, meanwhile, made 12 of their 25 three pointers (48.0 percent).
The Warriors are trying to rebound after their 116-108 loss to the Houston Rockets in their last matchup. Kevin Durant was Golden State’s leading scorer with 26 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Houston had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (above their season average of 22.7). Golden State, on the other hand, made 17 of their 36 three pointers (47.2 percent).
Golden State should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Warriors currently rank first in offensive efficiency, while New York ranks 16th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Knicks rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 percent), while the Warriors rank 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.2 percent).
Of New York’s 47 games, 25 have finished over the O/U total, while 25 of Golden State’s 47 games have finished over the projected point total. The Warriors have the better straight up (SU) record (37-10 vs. 21-26), but the Knicks hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (24-23 vs. 21-25-1).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Warriors won both contests played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Golden State won 112-105. The Warriors turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Knicks. Golden State had a rate of 7.5, while New York posted a mark of 13.8.
New York Knicks at Golden State Warriors ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Over
- The Warriors rank 11th in three pointers attempted per game (29.8) while the Knicks rank 29th (21.6).
- Golden State averages 30.5 assists per game, which ranks first in the league. New York ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (22.7).
- Golden State ranks 11th in steals per game (8.1) while New York ranks 26th (6.9).
- New York is 9-14 ATS on the road with 13 overs, 9 unders and 1 push.
- At home, Golden State is 9-12-1 ATS with 11 overs and 11 unders.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Golden State is 11-2 and New York is 9-1.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Warriors are 34-7 and the Knicks are 20-14.
- The Warriors rank first in blocks per game (8.0) while the Knicks rank 16th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (20.6) while New York ranks 29th (7.0).
- The Knicks rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.6) while the Warriors rank 26th (47.1).
- The Warriors average 17.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Knicks rank 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.2).
- New York averages 13.9 second chance points per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Golden State ranks 27th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Golden State is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 2-3 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Warriors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 8.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 112.0 points per game (7.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.8 points per game (9.1 above their season average).