The Chicago Bulls (11-22) will attempt to prolong a five-game home winning streak when they take on the New York Knicks (17-16) at United Center. Neither team is favored and the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 207 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Preview
The Knicks were beaten by the Philadelphia 76ers in their last outing, 105-98. With 31 points on 12-for-21 shooting, Enes Kanter was the top scorer from either team. Philadelphia did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (25-30; 83.3 percent). New York, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 14.1).
In the Bulls last matchup, they topped the Milwaukee Bucks, 115-106. Chicago’s Kris Dunn had a good outing, contributing 20 points and 12 assists. The Bulls had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 5.0 (better than their season average of 12.1) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.8 (above their season average of 20.0).
New York could have a tough time creating turnovers. Chicago ranks second in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.0 percent), while New York forces the 16th-most turnovers (14.1 percent). Also, the Knicks are among the NBA’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking third in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent). The Bulls, however, rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (81.6 percent).
Of New York’s 33 games, 17 have finished under the projected point total, while 16 of Chicago’s 32 games have finished over the O/U total. The Knicks come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 17-16 SU and 19-14 ATS, while the Bulls are 11-22 SU and 17-12-3 ATS.
Kanter has been playing at a high level over the last five games for New York, averaging 14.0 points and 8.6 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 206 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 200. The Bulls won 104-102, covering as 3-point underdogs. Chicago’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over New York. The Bulls had a rate of 0.159, while the Knicks posted a mark of 0.099. Dunn had a standout performance in the victory, producing 17 points, nine assists and seven rebounds.
New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Bulls average 29.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Knicks rank last in three pointers allowed per game (32.2).
- New York ranks 17th in blocks per game (4.7) while Chicago ranks 28th (3.6).
- New York ranks ninth in points in the paint per game (46.2) while Chicago ranks 26th (40.0).
- Chicago ranks 19th in fast break points per game (9.6) while New York ranks 29th (6.0).
- New York is 4-8 ATS on the road, while Chicago is 8-5-2 ATS at home.
- The Knicks have 6 unders, 5 overs and 1 push in 12 road games.
- The Bulls have 10 unders and 5 overs in 15 home games.
- New York is 8-0 when they allow less than 100 points, while Chicago is 4-5.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Knicks are 16-7 and the Bulls are 10-7.
- The Knicks average 22.6 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. The Bulls rank 27th in assists allowed per game (24.6).
- New York ranks second in second chance points per game (14.8) while Chicago ranks 24th (10.4).
- The Knicks rank first in rebounds allowed per game (40.5) while the Bulls rank 23rd (45.2).
- The Bulls rank 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.8) while the Knicks rank 27th (19.1).
- Chicago ranks seventh in steals allowed per game (7.0) while New York ranks 25th (8.4).
- Chicago is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New York is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulls have outscored opponents by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Chicago has lost by an average of 6.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 100.6 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.4 points per game (2.2 below their season average).