The Toronto Raptors (11-1) and the New York Knicks (4-8) go head-to-head at Scotiabank Arena. The Raptors are a 14-point favorite and will attempt to lengthen their five-game winning streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 218.5 points and it can be seen on MSG Network at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors ATS Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last contest. The Raptors (8.5-point favorites) defeated the Sacramento Kings 114-105, while the Knicks (1.5-point favorites) beat the Atlanta Hawks 112-107. The Toronto game went 13.5 points under the projected point total of 232.5, while the New York game finished 6.5 points under the projected point total of 225.5.
The Knicks made 33 of their 47 free throws (70.2 percent) and held the Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.462 (below their season average of 0.526). The Raptors, meanwhile, had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 23.7) and had a free throw rate of 0.236 (above their season average of 0.178). Toronto’s Kawhi Leonard played well, finishing with 25 points and 11 rebounds. Tim Hardaway Jr. played a pivotal role for New York with 34 points.
The Raptors edged out the Knicks in this series last year, taking three out of four games. In the most recent game, Toronto won 132-106. Toronto out-rebounded New York. The Raptors had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. eight), defensive rebounds (38 vs. 29) and total rebounds (52 vs. 37). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Games including the Knicks have a tendency to finish under the total (58.3 percent). Although New York has a difficult time winning games straight up (4-8 SU), they have a solid record against the spread (7-4-1).
Unlike New York, games involving the Raptors have a tendency to go over the O/U total (66.7 percent). Additionally, Toronto is 11-1 SU and 7-5 ATS.
Serge Ibaka and Pascal Siakam have played well over the last five games for Toronto. Ibaka has averaged 22.2 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks, while Siakam has recorded 15.8 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.0 steals a game during that span.
Toronto should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Raptors rank second in offensive efficiency, while New York ranks 16th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Knicks rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 percent), while the Raptors rank 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.7 percent).
New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors Odds Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
- The Raptors average 46.8 rebounds per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Knicks rank 16th in rebounds allowed per game (45.4).
- New York ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (9.8) while Toronto ranks 26th (16.8).
- The Raptors rank fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (44.5) while the Knicks rank 19th (50.8).
- Toronto averages 5.8 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the league. New York ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (6.5).
- Toronto ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (18.8) while New York ranks 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).
- The Raptors rank seventh in assists per game (25.3) while the Knicks rank 29th (19.7).
- The Raptors rank fourth in steals per game (8.7) while the Knicks rank 14th (7.6).
- Toronto averages 33.7 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. New York ranks 14th in three pointers allowed per game (31.2).
- New York averages 15.7 second chance points per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Toronto ranks 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- Toronto and New York are both 1-0 when they allow less than 100 points.
- The Knicks are 4-6 when they score over 100 points, while the Raptors are 11-1.
- New York is 4-2 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 3-3 ATS at home.
- The Knicks have 4 unders and 2 overs in 6 road games.
- Of the Raptors’ 6 home games, they have 5 overs and 1 under.
- In their last five games, New York and Toronto have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 2-2-1.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.4, up from 9.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 108.2 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.8 points per game (1.1 below their season average).