The New York Knicks (14-56) and the Toronto Raptors (49-21) square off at Scotiabank Arena. The Knicks can end a six-game road losing streak. The game can be seen on MSG Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, March 18, 2019.
New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
Although the Raptors were defeated by the Detroit Pistons in their last outing, 110-107, they were able to cover as 7.5-point underdogs. The Knicks, meanwhile, beat the Los Angeles Lakers, 124-123, but were unable to cover as 13.5-point favorites. The Toronto game went 13.5 points under the projected point total of 230.5, while the New York game went 33.5 points over the projected point total of 213.5.
New York dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.316 (above their season average of 0.201) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.658 (above their season average of 0.487). For those same stats, Los Angeles was 0.227 and 0.521, respectively. Toronto, on the other hand, made 18 of their 36 three pointers (50.0 percent). Kawhi Leonard played well for Toronto with 33 points and 10 rebounds. New York received a boost from DeAndre Jordan, who recorded 15 points, 17 rebounds and seven assists.
The Raptors have won both contests against the Knicks this year. In their most recent game, the two teams combined for 203 points, which was under the projected point total of 215.5. Toronto won 104-99 but was unable to cover as a 14-point favorite. Toronto did a great job of getting and making free throws (24-29; 82.8 percent). New York, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.8 vs. 19.2). Serge Ibaka recorded a double-double with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
Oddsmakers tend to place the total high when the Knicks are playing, as 56.5 percent of their games have finished under the projected point total. New York comes into the game with records of 14-56 straight up (SU) and 29-38-2 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike New York, Raptors games have typically gone over the projected point total (55.1 percent). Toronto is 49-21 SU, but they have trouble covering the spread (30-37-2 ATS).
The high-octane offense of Toronto will battle against the mid-tier defense of New York. The Raptors currently rank seventh in offensive efficiency, while the Knicks are 25th in defensive efficiency. The Raptors figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Knicks at Raptors Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (33.6) while the Knicks rank 15th in three pointers allowed per game (32.0).
- Toronto ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while New York ranks 28th (5.9).
- The Raptors rank 12th in rebounds allowed per game (44.7) while the Knicks rank 28th (47.2).
- Toronto ranks 14th in assists per game (24.8) while New York ranks last (20.0).
- Toronto ranks 15th in second chance points per game (13.1) while New York ranks 21st in second chance points allowed per game (14.0).
- The Raptors rank 10th in points off turnovers per game (17.5) while the Knicks rank 26th (15.0).
- The Raptors rank 11th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.6) while the Knicks rank 25th (51.1).
- Toronto averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. New York ranks 10th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Toronto ranks fourth in fast break points per game (18.5) while New York ranks 20th (11.3).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, New York is 3-1 and Toronto is 12-1.
- The Raptors are 46-15 when they reach 100 points, while the Knicks are 14-34.
- New York is 18-19 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 15-19-1 ATS at home.
- The Knicks have 19 unders and 18 overs in 37 road games.
- In 35 home games, the Raptors have 18 overs and 17 unders.
- The Raptors are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Toronto has 3 overs and 2 unders, while New York has 5 unders.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 114.2 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.4 points per game (0.4 below their season average).
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 8.5 for the season.