The New York Jets (+8) are heading south to face the Jacksonville Jaguars at EverBank Field. This early afternoon game is scheduled to kick off at 1:00 p.m. ET and FOX will televise the action.
Betting Preview: New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars
In this Sunday AFC game, Jacksonville has been labeled as the favorite and the team’s currently giving up 8 points. The Jets are also receiving +260 moneyline odds while the Jaguars are -330. Vegas has set the over/under (O/U) at 38 points. It appears that there should be some good in-game betting opportunities for this showdown.
Sharp bettors are hammering the Jets. The opening line was -9, while the game’s total has yet to move after being set initially at 38.
The Jets are 1-2 against the spread (ATS) and are down 0.2 units so far. The team’s posted an O/U record of 1-2.
The Jaguars have lost 2.7 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 2-1 ATS and also have an O/U record of 1-2.
The Jets have gone 1-2 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Jaguars are 2-1 SU.
The Jets fell to Cleveland 21-17 in a Week 3 contest where the passing attack the primary culprit as Sam Darnold completed only 15-of-31 passes for 169 yards and two interceptions. Isaiah Crowell (just 34 yards on 16 rushes, but two TDs) and Bilal Powell (73 yards on 14 carries) spearheaded the running attack in the loss while Quincy Enunwa (four receptions, 57 yards) and Jermaine Kearse (three catches, 35 yards) shared the receiving duties.
In Week 3, Tennessee knocked off this Jacksonville crew by a score of 9-6. The Jags defense let the Titans rush for 150 yards on 35 attempts. Derrick Henry had a productive showing for Tennessee, accounting for 57 rushing yards on 18 attempts. For Jacksonville, Blake Bortles completed 21-of-34 passes for 155 yards. T.J. Yeldon had a monster day. In addition to 44 rushing yards on seven attempts, Yeldon also reeled in six catches for 46 yards.
New York’s run the ball on 47.8 percent of its offensive possessions this year while Jacksonville has a rush percentage of 38.8 percent. The Jets have rushed for 106.0 yards per game and have four scores via handoffs this year. The Jags are logging 109.3 rushing yards per game and have yet to record a rush TD.
The Jets offensive scheme has averaged 233.7 yards in the air overall and has three passing scores so far. The Jags have put up 235.7 pass yards per game and have five total pass TD.
New York has allowed opponents to run for an average of 102.3 yards and pass for 229.3 yards per game. The Jacksonville defense has allowed 188.7 yards per game to opposing passers and 115.3 yards per game on the ground. The Jets are allowing an adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) of just 3.73 to opposing QBs, while the Jags have given up a 5.08 ANY/A.
Offensively, Darnold is up to 367 passing yards on the year. He’s connected on 31-of-52 attempts with two passing scores and three interceptions. He has a 4.39 adjusted net yards per pass attempt, including 4.17 over the last two games.
Blake Bortles has completed 39-of-67 passes for 331 yards, one TD and one INT for Jacksonville. His ANY/A stands at 4.06 for the year and 6.78 across his past two games.
When these two franchises faced one another last year, New York won by a field goal 23-20.
New York Jets vs. Jacksonville Jaguars NFL Pick
SU Winner: Jets, ATS Winner: Jets, O/U: Under
Team Betting Trends
- Jacksonville has lost two fumbles this season while New York has let three get away.
- The New York defense has sacked opposing QBs eight times this year. Jacksonville has produced seven sacks.
- New York has averaged 3.0 yards per carry over its last two contests.
- Jacksonville has averaged 4.4 yards per carry over its last two.
- In its last three matches, Jacksonville is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- New York was favored by 3 points in its last game and the Over/Under was set at 41. The under cashed and New York did not cover in the 21-17 defeat to Cleveland.
- In its last three matches, New York is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Jacksonville was favored by 10 points in its last game and the Over/Under going into it was 39.5. The under cashed and Jacksonville did not cover in that 9-6 loss to Tennessee.