The New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys will go head-to-head on the turf of AT&T Stadium. NBC is scheduled to have the TV rights and this Sunday Night showdown kicks off at 8:20 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys
The Giants approach this Sunday NFC game as the dog here and they’re currently being given 3 points. The Giants are also receiving +130 moneyline odds while the Cowboys are -150. If one side can create a bunch of points in the early stages it would create a solid betting scenario in-game. Oddsmakers have placed the over/under (O/U) at 43.5 points.
This game’s opening line was -4. The total hasn’t changed after it was set initially at 43.5.
The Giants are down 1.0 unit so far and 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team’s posted an Over-Under record of 0-1.
The Cowboys are down 1.0 unit for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 0-1 ATS and also have an O/U record of 0-1.
The Giants have gone 0-1 straight up (SU) and the team has yet to face any NFC East opponents this year. The Cowboys are 0-1 SU overall and also 0-0 SU against divisional foes.
The Giants fell to Jacksonville 20-15 in a Week 1 contest where their defense allowed the Jaguars to run for 137 yards on 28 rush attempts. T.J. Yeldon had a productive day for the opposition in that one with 51 rushing yards on 14 attempts. Offensively, Eli Manning completed 23 passes for 224 yards and one interception. Saquon Barkley (106 yards on 18 rushes, one TD) led the ground attack while Odell Beckham Jr. (11 receptions, 111 yards) and Sterling Shepard (five catches, 48 yards) handled the receiving duties in the defeat.
Back in Week 1, Carolina knocked off this Dallas team by a score of 16-8. The Cowboys defense let the Panthers run for 147 yards on 32 rush attempts, including two rush TDs. Christian McCaffrey had a good showing for Carolina, posting 50 rushing yards on 10 attempts, along with 45 yards and a score on six catches. For Dallas, Dak Prescott completed 19-of-29 passes for 170 yards. Ezekiel Elliott (69 rushing yards on 15 attempts, one TD) mounted the running attack as Cole Beasley (seven receptions, 73 yards) and Geoff Swaim (three catches, 18 yards) led the pass-catching corps in the loss.
If the numbers last year can translate to 2018, then it’s looking like the Cowboys ought to have the more disruptive lines up front, since their offensive line allowed only 32 sacks last season while the D-line logged 38 sacks. The Giants O-line gave up 34 sacks last year and their defense got to opposing QBs just 27 times..
New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys Betting Pick
SU Winner: Cowboys, ATS Winner: Cowboys, O/U: Over
- The Dallas defense has tallied three sacks on the year while New York has one.
- Each team has lost one fumble this year,
- The New York offensive line yielded 34 sacks last season. Their defense created 27 sacks.
- Dallas O-line gave up 32 sacks last year. Their defense logged 38 sacks,
- New York created six rushing touchdowns last season.
- Dallas put up 18 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Giants registered 3.9 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.2 to opponents.
- The Cowboys rushed for 4.5 yards per carry last season and gave up 4.1 YPC to opponents.
- New York converted 20 passing touchdowns last season.
- Dallas converted 22 passing touchdowns last season.
- Dallas was favored by 3 points in its last match and the Over/Under was set at 42. The under cashed and Dallas failed to cover in the 16-8 defeat to Carolina.
- Over its last three games, Dallas is 1-1-1 ATS and the under cashed in each of those three.
- In its last three matchups, New York is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- New York was the underdog by 3 points in its last game and the Over/Under was set at 42.5. The under cashed and New York did not cover in the 20-15 defeat to Jacksonville.