SthLnd foes will battle when the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (8-13, 5-6 SthLnd) meet the New Orleans Privateers (12-11, 9-3 SthLnd) at American Bank Center. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
New Orleans Privateers vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders ATS Preview
In the Privateers last matchup, they lost to the Nicholls Colonels, 81-64. New Orleans Travin Thibodeaux recorded 20 points and six rebounds in the game. Nicholls held the Privateers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.421 (below their season average of 0.498). New Orleans, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.5 vs. 18.8).
The Islanders are trying to rebound after their 66-64 loss to the Sam Houston State Bearkats in their last game. Joseph Kilgore was the games leading scorer with 28 points on 11-for-24 shooting. Sam Houston State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 32.1). Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.204 vs. 0.185).
It could be a sloppy game for the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi offense. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 348th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 24.1 percent), while the disruptive defense of New Orleans forces the 10th-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.6 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Privateers won 61-55. The Privateers played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.412 and a turnover percentage of 18.5. The Islanders put up marks of 0.189 and 23.9, respectively, for those same stats. In the victory, Thibodeaux led all scorers with 20 points.
New Orleans Privateers vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – New Orleans, ATS Winner – New Orleans, O/U – Under
- The Islanders rank 145th in blocks per game (3.0) while the Privateers rank 159th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- New Orleans ranks 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.3) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 212th (23.3).
- The Privateers rank 34th in steals per game (7.6) while the Islanders rank 218th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- New Orleans ranks 87th in assists per game (14.8) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 248th (11.2).
- The Islanders have outscored opponents by an average of 8.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has been defeated by an average of 3.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Privateers have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (2.2 below their season average).