The South Alabama Jaguars (3-3) will be at home in Mitchell Center when they square off against the New Orleans Privateers (1-3). Action starts at 4:05 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
New Orleans Privateers at South Alabama Jaguars ATS Preview
In the Privateers last matchup, they defeated the Spring Hill Badgers, 74-67. Travin Thibodeaux led New Orleans in scoring with 13 points on 3-for-10 shooting. The Privateers made 28 of their 39 free throws (71.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.561 (above their season average of 0.448).
The Jaguars are trying to rebound after their 81-77 loss to the Stetson Hatters in their last outing. With 20 points and 11 rebounds, Josh Ajayi put together a solid performance for South Alabama. Stetson had a free throw rate of 0.246 (above their season average of 0.201). South Alabama, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 16.1 (better than their season average of 24.2).
The offense of South Alabama will face off against the top-notch defense of New Orleans. Dating back to last season, the Jaguars rank 298th in offensive efficiency, while the Privateers are 99th in defensive efficiency. The Privateers should have the edge on that end of the court. It could also be a sloppy game for the Privateers offense, which ranks 349th in ball security (turnover percentage of 24.0 percent). Theyll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Jaguars, which has forced the 19th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.5 percent).
New Orleans Privateers vs. South Alabama Jaguars Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Alabama, ATS Winner – South Alabama, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Privateers rank 44th in assists per game (15.6) while the Jaguars rank 215th (12.7).
- South Alabama averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 98th in the nation. New Orleans ranks 138th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- New Orleans ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while South Alabama ranks 260th (37.5).
- The Jaguars average 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 57th in the NCAA. The Privateers rank 280th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- South Alabama ranks 127th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while New Orleans ranks 333rd (13.3).