The New Orleans Privateers (3-7) look to put an end to their seven-game road losing streak when they clash against the UAB Blazers (7-1), who will try to lengthen their six-game home winning streak. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
New Orleans Privateers vs. UAB Blazers Free Preview
The Privateers easily got past the Oklahoma Panhandle State Aggies in their last outing, 107-59. Travin Thibodeaux was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 8-for-12 shooting. New Orleans played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4 (above their season average of 30.4) and a free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.232). Oklahoma Panhandle State put up marks of 18.2 and 0.148, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Blazers played, they thoroughly outplayed the Alabama A&M Bulldogs, 90-58. With 20 points on 6-for-7 shooting, Nate Darling was the games high scorer. UAB played a perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 40.7 (above their season average of 39.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.683 (above their season average of 0.546). For those same stats, Alabama A&M was 14.3 and 0.491, respectively.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of UAB. Since last season, UAB ranks 189th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.4 percent), while the pesky defense of New Orleans has forced the 49th-most turnovers in the nation (23.1 percent).
New Orleans Privateers vs. UAB Blazers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – New Orleans, ATS Winner – New Orleans, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Blazers average 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 52nd in the nation. The Privateers rank 79th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- New Orleans allows the 32nd-fewest rebounds per game (31.5) while UAB ranks 39th (31.7).
- New Orleans ranks 46th in steals per game (7.8) while UAB ranks 172nd (5.0).
- The Blazers average 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 60th in the NCAA. The Privateers rank 134th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- UAB ranks 234th in three pointers attempted per game (18.0) while New Orleans ranks 270th (13.4).