SthLnd foes will collide when the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (16-10, 10-3 SthLnd) clash with the New Orleans Privateers (13-11, 10-3 SthLnd) at University Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
New Orleans Privateers at Southeastern Louisiana Lions Free Preview
The Privateers were victorious over the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders in their last matchup, 62-53. Travin Thibodeaux was New Orleans high scorer with 16 points on 5-for-10 shooting. New Orleans dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 19.4) and a free throw rate of 0.383 (above their season average of 0.273). For those same stats, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi had marks of 22.1 and 0.311, respectively.
In the Lions last matchup, they beat the McNeese State Cowboys, 74-67. Southeastern Louisiana’s Marlain Veal had a good outing, contributing 20 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Southeastern Louisiana played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.217 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 18.0). McNeese State put up marks of 0.115 and 14.4, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be a sloppy game for the Southeastern Louisiana offense. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 288th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.7 percent), while the gambling defense of New Orleans forces the eighth-most turnovers in the nation (23.7 percent). Furthermore, the Privateers, who rank 32nd in offensive rebounding percentage (34.6 percent), will clash against the Lions, who rank 295th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.3 percent).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Lions won 63-58. The Lions dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.236 and a turnover percentage of 21.3. The Privateers put up marks of 0.184 and 25.3, respectively, for those same stats.
New Orleans Privateers at Southeastern Louisiana Lions ATS Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – New Orleans, ATS Winner – New Orleans, O/U – Over
- The Privateers average 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 116th in the NCAA. The Lions rank 160th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while New Orleans ranks 178th (14.3).
- The Lions rank 169th in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while the Privateers rank 311th (13.5).
- Southeastern Louisiana averages 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. New Orleans ranks 190th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Lions average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Privateers have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.6 points per game (4.9 below their season average).