The New Orleans Privateers (2-5) can put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they meet the SMU Mustangs (7-3) at Moody Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
New Orleans Privateers vs. SMU Mustangs Free Preview
The Privateers beat the Williams Baptist Eagles in their last outing, 87-70. Damion Rosser was the games leading scorer with 17 points on 8-for-10 shooting. New Orleans dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.175 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (above their season average of 30.5). Williams Baptist put up marks of 0.061 and 16.7, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Mustangs’ last game, they were defeated by the No. 20 TCU Horned Frogs, 94-83. With 18 points and nine assists, SMU’s Malik Milton played well. TCU did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (30-37; 81.1 percent). SMU, on the other hand, forced the Horned Frogs into a turnover percentage of 24.3 (above their season average of 16.3).
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for SMU in this contest. The Mustangs rank 27th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.0 percent), while New Orleans ranks 261st in defensive rebounding percentage (69.2 percent) since last season. It could also be an error-filled game for the offense of the Privateers, which ranks 347th in ball security (turnover percentage of 24.3 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Mustangs, which has forced the 11th-most turnovers in the nation (20.0 percent).
New Orleans Privateers at SMU Mustangs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – New Orleans, ATS Winner – New Orleans, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Privateers average 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 124th in the nation. The Mustangs rank 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- New Orleans is 33rd in the nation with 31.6 rebounds allowed per game while SMU is 39th with 30.0 rebounds allowed per game.
- SMU ranks 41st in steals allowed per game (5.0) while New Orleans ranks 204th (8.4).
- The Mustangs rank 154th in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while the Privateers rank 281st (13.4).
- SMU ranks 20th in assists per game (16.5) while New Orleans ranks 122nd in assists allowed per game (13.3).