The Phoenix Suns (7-12) will be at home in Talking Stick Resort Arena when they meet the New Orleans Pelicans (10-8). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 229 points with New Orleans opening as a 6-point favorite. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – New Orleans.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Phoenix Suns Betting Preview
The Pelicans were victorious over the San Antonio Spurs in their last contest, 107-90. Anthony Davis was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 11-for-17 shooting. New Orleans dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.272 (above their season average of 0.195) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.525 (below their season average of 0.541). San Antonio was 0.159 and 0.432, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Suns last game, they were defeated by the Milwaukee Bucks, 113-107. With 22 points and 15 rebounds, Phoenixs Greg Monroe put together a solid outing. Milwaukee forced the Suns into a turnover percentage of 21.2 (above their season average of 13.2). Phoenix, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.1 (above their season average of 22.5).
New Orleans should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Pelicans currently rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while Phoenix ranks 28th in defensive efficiency.
Of New Orleans 18 games, nine have finished over the projected point total, while 12 of Phoenix 19 games have finished over the projected point total. The Pelicans hold a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-8 SU and 11-7 ATS, while the Suns are 7-12 SU and 8-11 ATS.
T.J. Warren has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Phoenix, averaging 22.4 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Pelicans won three out of four games last season. In the most recent game, New Orleans won 110-108. The Pelicans dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.359 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.526. The Suns put up marks of 0.215 and 0.473, respectively, for those same stats.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Phoenix Suns ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Suns, O/U – Over
- The Pelicans rank ninth in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while the Suns rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.8).
- Phoenix ranks eighth in second chance points per game (13.3) while New Orleans ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.4).
- New Orleans ranks 13th in rebounds allowed per game (43.7) while Phoenix ranks 27th (47.4).
- Phoenix averages 26.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 21st in the league. New Orleans ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (31.4).
- New Orleans is 6-3 ATS on the road with 5 overs and 4 unders.
- Phoenix is 4-8 ATS at home with 7 overs and 5 unders.
- Phoenix is 1-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while New Orleans is 3-0.
- The Suns are 6-7 when they score over 100 points, while the Pelicans are 8-4.
- The Pelicans average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Suns rank 20th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- New Orleans ranks second in points in the paint per game (53.1) while Phoenix ranks 26th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.7).
- The Pelicans rank third in assists per game (25.8) while the Suns rank 27th (19.5).
- The Pelicans rank 17th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Suns rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- New Orleans averages 11.9 fast break points per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Phoenix ranks 28th in fast break points allowed per game (15.1).
- Phoenix is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New Orleans is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Suns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 7.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 111.4 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.6 points per game (5.4 above their season average).