The Los Angeles Clippers (42-38) will be 4.5-point underdogs at home in Staples Center when they clash against the New Orleans Pelicans (46-34). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 228.5 points and it will air on ESPN at 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, April 9, 2018.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Los Angeles Clippers ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Clippers lost big to the Denver Nuggets, 134-115, while the Pelicans were victorious over the Golden State Warriors, 126-120.
The Pelicans knocked down 17 of their 22 free throws (77.3 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 7.6 (better than their season average of 13.0). Los Angeles, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.6 (above their season average of 23.3). Los Angeles DeAndre Jordan had a good game, recording 16 points and 17 rebounds. Anthony Davis fueled New Orleans with 34 points and 12 rebounds.
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Los Angeles in this matchup. The Clippers rank eighth in offensive rebounding percentage (23.5 percent), while New Orleans ranks 20th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.8 percent).
Vegas has a tendency to place the total low when the Pelicans are involved, as 58.8 percent of their games have gone over the total. New Orleans comes into the contest with records of 46-34 straight up (SU) and 43-36-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Clippers have a slight tendency to finish over the total (53.8 percent). Further, Los Angeles is 42-38 SU and 42-37-1 ATS.
In the season series between these two teams, the Pelicans lead two games to one. The two teams combined to score 237 points in their most recent game, which was just over the projected point total of 235.5. New Orleans won 121-116, covering as a 2-point underdog. The Pelicans turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Clippers. New Orleans had a rate of 6.7, while Los Angeles posted a mark of 10.5. Davis recorded a double-double with 41 points and 13 rebounds.
New Orleans Pelicans at Los Angeles Clippers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Clippers rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (30.1) while the Pelicans rank 25th (30.9).
- Los Angeles averages 13.8 second chance points per game, which ranks fourth in the league. New Orleans ranks 29th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- The Clippers rank third in points in the paint per game (51.8) while the Pelicans rank 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.5).
- New Orleans averages 26.6 assists per game, which ranks third in the league. Los Angeles ranks 24th in assists allowed per game (24.4).
- Los Angeles ranks 16th in rebounds per game (43.7) while New Orleans ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (45.4).
- The Pelicans average 14.9 fast break points per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Clippers rank 29th in fast break points allowed per game (15.3).
- The Pelicans rank ninth in steals per game (7.9) while the Clippers rank 25th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- New Orleans averages 16.1 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 19th in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- New Orleans averages 5.9 blocks per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Los Angeles is 13-2 and New Orleans is 11-2.
- The Clippers are 40-25 when they reach 100 points, while the Pelicans are 43-22.
- New Orleans is 25-15 ATS on the road, while Los Angeles is 18-21 ATS at home.
- The Pelicans have 20 overs and 20 unders in 40 road games.
- The Clippers have 23 overs, 15 unders and 1 push in 39 home games.
- The Pelicans are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Clippers are 1-4.
- In their last five games, New Orleans has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Los Angeles has 4 overs and 1 under.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 115.4 points per game (3.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.8 points per game (3.9 below their season average).
- The Clippers have been outscored by an average of 10.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Los Angeles has defeated opponents by an average of 0.4 points.