The Golden State Warriors (57-22), 7-point favorites, welcome the New Orleans Pelicans (45-34) to ORACLE Arena to get their Western Conference schedules underway. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 224 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – New Orleans at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 7, 2018.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Warriors lost big to the Indiana Pacers, 126-106, while the Pelicans easily got past the Phoenix Suns, 122-103.
The Pelicans held the Suns to an effective field goal percentage of 0.441 (below their season average of 0.493) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.5 (above their season average of 20.0). Golden State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (23-24; 95.8 percent). Kevin Durant had a solid performance for Golden State, putting up 27 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Anthony Davis fueled New Orleans with 33 points and 11 rebounds.
The prolific offense of Golden State (second in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 113.1) will square off against the mid-tier defense of New Orleans (14th in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 106.4). The Warriors should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Vegas is known to place the total low when the Pelicans are involved, as 45 of their 78 games have finished over the total. New Orleans heads into the game with records of 45-34 straight up (SU) and 41-36-1 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike New Orleans, just over half of Warriors games have finished under the total. Golden State has a phenomenal 57-22 SU record, but they are just 32-44-3 ATS.
Quinn Cook has been superb as of late for Golden State, averaging 16.4 points and 5.0 assists over the last five games.
The Warriors have won all three matchups against the Pelicans this year. The two teams combined to score 240 points in their most recent game, which was over the projected point total of 228.5. Golden State won 125-115, covering as a 9-point favorite. One of Golden State’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 27 trips to the line, while New Orleans went 15 times. Stephen Curry recorded a double-double with 31 points and 11 assists.
New Orleans Pelicans at Golden State Warriors Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank 17th in rebounds per game (43.6) while the Pelicans rank 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (45.4).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (19.6) while New Orleans ranks 25th in fast break points allowed per game (14.1).
- The Warriors average 29.5 assists per game, which ranks first in the NBA. The Pelicans rank 19th in assists allowed per game (23.6).
- Golden State averages 17.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. New Orleans ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- New Orleans ranks 16th in second chance points per game (12.1) while Golden State ranks last in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- The Pelicans rank 10th in steals per game (7.8) while the Warriors rank 29th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- The Warriors rank 13th in three pointers allowed per game (29.1) while the Pelicans rank 27th (30.8).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while New Orleans ranks fourth (4.3).
- New Orleans ranks second in points in the paint per game (51.8) while Golden State ranks 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (46.9).
- Golden State is 15-5 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while New Orleans is 11-2.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Pelicans are 42-22 and the Warriors are 54-14.
- New Orleans is 23-15 ATS on the road, while Golden State is 15-23-2 ATS at home.
- Of the Pelicans 38 road games, they have 20 unders and 18 overs.
- The Warriors have 21 unders and 19 overs in 40 home games.
- The Warriors are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Pelicans are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Golden State has 3 overs and 2 unders, while New Orleans has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Warriors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 6.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 110.8 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.2 points per game (6.4 below their season average).