The Denver Nuggets (15-13) can prolong a seven-game home winning streak when they meet the New Orleans Pelicans (15-14) at Pepsi Center. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, December 15, 2017, and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainment.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Denver Nuggets ATS Preview
The Pelicans defeated the Milwaukee Bucks in their last matchup, 115-108. With 25 points and 10 rebounds, New Orleans Anthony Davis put together a solid performance. The Pelicans, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.554, had a fantastic mark of 0.644, while the Bucks had a free throw rate of 0.126 (below their season average of 0.215).
In the Nuggets last matchup, they were topped by the Boston Celtics, 124-118. Gary Harris was the top scorer from either team with 36 points on 16-for-25 shooting. Boston made 11 of their 25 three pointers (44.0 percent). Denver, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.5 (above their season average of 27.0).
Denver figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Nuggets currently rank eighth in offensive efficiency, while the Pelicans rank 26th in defensive efficiency.
Of New Orleans 29 games, 18 have finished over the projected point total, while 15 of Denver’s 28 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (15-14 for New Orleans; 15-13 for Denver), but the Pelicans have the advantage against the spread (ATS). New Orleans is 17-12 ATS, while the Nuggets are 11-16-1.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Pelicans, it’s been Jrue Holiday, who has averaged 29.2 points, 5.2 assists and 1.6 steals, while the Nuggets have received great contributions from Harris (17.2 points, 4.0 assists and 1.8 steals).
These two teams have already met twice this season, each winning once. DeMarcus Cousins scored a game-high 40 points in the most recent contest, in which the Pelicans defeated the Nuggets 123-114, covering as 5.5-point favorites. He also had 22 rebounds. The two teams combined for 237 points, which was 15 points above the projected point total of 222 points. The Pelicans dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.221 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.8. For those same stats, the Nuggets recorded marks of 0.170 and 20.8, respectively.
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets rank first in second chance points per game (15.6) while the Pelicans rank 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Denver ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (30.1) while New Orleans ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (31.2).
- New Orleans ranks 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.8) while Denver ranks last in points off turnovers allowed per game (20.5).
- New Orleans is 9-5 ATS on the road, while Denver is 7-5 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 8 of the Pelicans 14 road games, while 7 of the Nuggets 12 home games have gone under.
- New Orleans is 4-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Denver is 7-1.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Pelicans are 13-9 and the Nuggets are 13-8.
- The Nuggets rank 16th in steals per game (7.9) while the Pelicans rank 29th in steals allowed per game (9.1).
- Denver ranks fourth in fast break points per game (14.8) while New Orleans ranks 28th in fast break points allowed per game (14.1).
- The Pelicans average 51.0 points in the paint per game, which ranks second in the league. The Nuggets rank 25th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.6).
- The Nuggets rank seventh in rebounds per game (45.0) while the Pelicans rank 17th in rebounds allowed per game (43.4).
- New Orleans ranks second in assists per game (26.7) while Denver ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- Denver is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New Orleans is 4-1 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Nuggets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.6, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 120.2 points per game (9.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 118.4 points per game (6.9 above their season average).