The Brooklyn Nets (19-37) will be at home in Barclays Center when they challenge the New Orleans Pelicans (28-26). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 220 points with New Orleans opening as a 1.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
New Orleans Pelicans at Brooklyn Nets Odds Preview
The last time the Pelicans played, they were blown out by the Philadelphia 76ers, 100-82. New Orleans Anthony Davis contributed 14 points and eight rebounds in the contest. Philadelphia made 14 of their 34 three pointers (41.2 percent). New Orleans, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (10.5 vs. 13.4).
The Nets are trying to rebound after their 115-106 loss to the Detroit Pistons in their last game. With 13 points, 14 rebounds and six assists, Jarrett Allen put together a good game for Brooklyn. Detroit had a turnover percentage of 6.4 (better than their season average of 12.1). Brooklyn, meanwhile, held the Pistons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 22.6).
The prolific offense of New Orleans (ninth in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 107.7) will battle against the mid-tier defense of Brooklyn (22nd in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 108.0). The Pelicans figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving New Orleans have gone over 60.4 percent of the time, while Brooklyn games have finished under 55.4 percent of the time. The Pelicans hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (28-26 vs. 19-37), but the Nets have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (33-22-1 vs. 27-26).
Spencer Dinwiddie has taken his game to another level recently for Brooklyn, averaging 17.6 points, 7.8 assists and 1.2 steals over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 241 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 222.5. The Pelicans won 128-113, covering as 9-point favorites. The Pelicans played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 9.2 and a free throw rate of 0.167. The Nets were 13.5 and 0.133, respectively, for those same stats. Davis recorded a double-double with 33 points and 11 rebounds.
New Orleans Pelicans at Brooklyn Nets Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Over
- The Nets rank ninth in fast break points allowed per game (10.6) while the Pelicans rank 27th (14.0).
- New Orleans ranks 16th in steals per game (7.7) while Brooklyn ranks last (6.0).
- Brooklyn ranks eighth in assists allowed per game (21.1) while New Orleans ranks 25th (24.3).
- Brooklyn ranks 16th in second chance points per game (12.5) while New Orleans ranks 26th in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- New Orleans is 16-11 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 15-11-1 ATS at home.
- The Pelicans have 14 unders and 13 overs in 27 road games.
- The Nets have 15 unders and 12 overs in 27 home games.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Brooklyn is 11-1 and New Orleans is 8-1.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Nets are 15-23 and the Pelicans are 26-18.
- The Pelicans average 49.9 points in the paint per game, which ranks second in the league. The Nets rank 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.3).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (25.3) while New Orleans ranks 27th (31.0).
- The Pelicans rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while the Nets rank 28th (5.7).
- The Pelicans rank 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.4) while the Nets rank last (14.0).
- Brooklyn ranks fourth in rebounds per game (45.1) while New Orleans ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (44.5).
- Brooklyn is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, New Orleans is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 103.0 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 113.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average).