The New Orleans Pelicans (4-0) will travel to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter to square off against the Portland Trail Blazers (0-4) in game five of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
New Orleans Pelicans at Portland Trail Blazers ATS Odds
In game four, Davis led the Pelicans to a 131-123 win. He recorded a double-double with 47 points and 11 rebounds. New Orleans made good use of their 39 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 32 of them (82.1 percent). Portland, meanwhile, was 13-16 (81.3 percent).
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Portland in this showdown. The Trail Blazers are among the league’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking ninth in offensive rebounding percentage at 23.3 percent. Meanwhile, New Orleans ranks 20th in the league at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.7 percent.
Nikola Mirotic and Rajon Rondo have played well over the last five games for New Orleans. Mirotic has averaged 21.6 points, 11.6 rebounds, 1.8 blocks and 1.6 steals per game, while Rondo has put up 12.4 points, 12.0 assists, 6.4 rebounds and 1.8 steals a game during that span.
New Orleans Pelicans at Portland Trail Blazers Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Under
- The Pelicans rank eighth in steals per game (8.0) while the Trail Blazers rank 25th (7.0).
- New Orleans ranks third in fast break points per game (15.3) while Portland ranks last (8.6).
- The Trail Blazers average 13.6 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Pelicans rank 28th in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- Portland ranks fourth in rebounds per game (45.4) while New Orleans ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (45.4).
- Portland ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.5) while New Orleans ranks 25th (30.7).
- The Pelicans rank third in assists per game (26.8) while the Trail Blazers rank last (19.5).
- The Pelicans rank third in blocks per game (5.9) while the Trail Blazers rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- New Orleans ranks 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.4) while Portland ranks 28th (14.2).
- New Orleans ranks first in points in the paint per game (52.4) while Portland ranks 23rd (43.5).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Portland is 26-8 and New Orleans is 13-2.
- The Trail Blazers are 44-21 when they reach 100 points, while the Pelicans are 48-22.
- The Trail Blazers have been outscored by an average of 5.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Portland has defeated opponents by an average of 2.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 116.0 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (6.2 below their season average).