The Texas Longhorns (1-0) will be at home in Frank Erwin Special Events Center when they take on the New Hampshire Wildcats (1-0). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
New Hampshire Wildcats vs. Texas Longhorns ATS Preview
In the Wildcats last contest, they won big over the Wheelock Wildcats, 95-39. Tanner Leissner was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 10-for-15 shooting. New Hampshire played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.1 and a turnover percentage of 12.9. Wheelock put up marks of 16.7 and 28.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The Longhorns come in on a high note after blowing out the Northwestern State Demons in their last matchup, 105-59. Texas was lifted by Mohamed Bamba, who was the games high scorer with 15 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Texas played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 5.3 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.3. For those same stats, Northwestern State recorded marks of 23.3 and 17.1, respectively.
Texas might struggle to score as they square off against one of the NCAAs best defenses. New Hampshire ranks 30th in defensive efficiency, while the Longhorns rank 282nd in offensive efficiency since last season.
New Hampshire Wildcats vs. Texas Longhorns Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – New Hampshire, ATS Winner – New Hampshire, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 24th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Longhorns rank 68th (11.9).
- New Hampshire averages 22.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 97th in the NCAA. Texas ranks 109th in three pointers allowed per game (20.1).
- Texas ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.6) while New Hampshire ranks 265th (1.9).
- The Wildcats rank 39th in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Longhorns rank 211th (34.7).
- Texas ranks 165th in steals per game (5.9) while New Hampshire ranks 278th (4.2).